~christmas special~

~edited may 27, 2021~

~edited on january 18, 2022, again~

a/n: this is just a cute little christmas special between you and akaashi, this has no correlation to the plot so it's just a cute one shot i wanted to write.

you and akaashi were currently christmas shopping for momo and bokuto. you knew momo needed a new pair of dancing shoes and you decided to get her a christmas edition barbie doll— due to her obsession with barbie— that you saw in the window of a toy store the other day.

akaashi wanted to get bokuto an owl plushie and a new volleyball to practice with. his current one's a little...broken to say the least. he just decided to tag along with you, kill two birds with one stone.

a hangout and get your christmas shopping done.

"so where to first, f/n?" akaashi asked you while you two walked beside each other, noticing that your shivering was happening more frequently, causing you to stutter.

"w-well i already got lev's and alisa's presents. so now all that's left is momo's, so to the shoe store we go." you said, rubbing your hands together to try to gain some warmth.

"and you're not getting me anything? what a shame as a fake girlfriend." he told you playfully. you elbowed him in his side, quite hard at that.

you two walked into the shoe store and browsed around. you took a little longer to savor the warmth from the cold that tokyo was today. you then saw a pair of shoes you knew momo would love.

they were a simple white with pink accents on it.  you picked a pair of her size and then went to the cashier, not before collecting akaashi who was looking at a random pair of slippers.

"we should get in line, it looks pretty long and i don't like waiting that much." you told him. he nodded and followed you to the line, where you two waited for around twenty minutes.

"and your total comes out to be ¥6,468.75." you handed the cashier your card and then asked for a gift receipt.

"happy holidays to you both!" she yelled out as you two left the store.

"your turn, keij, what's our next stop?" you asked him, adjusting the bag of shoes onto your arm.

"sports store, but we better hurry. it looks like it's gonna snow soon." and with that, you two walked to the sports store to get bokuto's volleyball.

you let him browse the store while you sat down on one of the benches they had in the store. you weren't one for walking, especially in the cold. it was definitely not your thing.

unfortunately, your feeling of warmth and comfort ended quickly when akaashi walked in front of you with a bag in his hand.

"that fast? really? you couldn't have given me ten more minutes?" you whined a bit.

"look, i'll buy you a hot chocolate after we're done shopping. but for now, we have to go the toy store for the plushies. so come on, get up." he said, pulling you up and then dragging you out the store.

you did perk up when you processed the fact he would buy you a hot chocolate, that helped a lot.

the toy store was bright, warm, and cheerful. you didn't really appreciate the little kids running around and stepping on your shoes but you were only here for a couple minutes, in and out.

you quickly rushed over to the doll aisle where you saw the doll and looked around for the christmas edition barbie while akaashi looked for the owl plushie. you found your barbie and rushed over to collect it before a kid could throw a temper tantrum or a parent could snatch it away from you.

holiday shopping brought out the worst in everyone. you wouldn't hesitate to snatch something out of someone's hands, if need be. but luckily, that wasn't the case. you held the box the doll came in in your arms and started looking for akaashi.

you found him, staring hard at two different owl plushies. you giggled a little and then snuck up behind him.

"why are you looking at those plushies like they're the two last things on earth?"

he jumped at your words and turned around to see you. once he realized it was you and not some complete stranger, he relaxed a little.

"i'm trying to figure out which one to buy bokuto-san. why is this so hard?" he explained to you.

you looked at him and then looked back the plushies before noticing one looked distinctly like akaashi. you took a mental note of that and to come back to the store to buy it for him.

you picked up the one that had gray feathers and placed it in his arms.

"this one. it looks kind of like bokuto in a way." you told him. he smiled softly at you and then grabbed your hand, dragging you to the checkout lines.

"and your total is ¥1,619.78. will that be cash or card, ma'am?" the cashier lady said in a monotonous voice. you could tell she was tired.

"card. oh and urm, can i get a gift receipt please?" you asked as politely as you could, handing her your card. she nodded and handed you the receipts and the bag.

"happy holidays. next!" you fought the urge to laugh at the attempt of wishing you a happy holiday, but you sympathized with her and waited for akaashi to pay for his things.

"hot chocolate, hot chocolate, hot chocolate." was all that played in your head as you two walked out of the store and to the starbucks that was near.

once entering the starbucks, you were engulfed in a smell of coffee and pine.

"go find us a table, i'll go order our drinks." akaashi told you, pushing you slightly to the seating area.

once you sat down and set your bags down, you looked outside the window next to you. it was dark, the lights on the trees were lighting up the streets and the snow was falling and covered the ground in a blanket of white snow.

it was a beautiful sight really. as much as you despised winter, you did happen to appreciate the beauty of tokyo in christmas time. it was something of a scene in a romance winter time movie where the two love interests share their first kiss under a snowfall.

you were pulled out of your thoughts as akaashi set your cup of hot chocolate in front of you and sat across from you.

"what were you just thinking about there?"

"nothing much, just looking at the snow outside that's all." you said sipping your hot chocolate, being careful not to burn your tongue.

akaashi nodded taking a sip of his drink as you two sat in a comfortable silence. you may not have had a passionate, romantic kiss under the snow like were thinking about, but you had a hot chocolate and akaashi.

that was good enough for you.

a/n first of all, merry christmas to those who celebrate it! i like interacting so let me know what you all got for christmas. second of all, like i said before this has no correlation to the plot, it's a one shot. once again merry christmas and stay safe my loves 💘💘💘