~twenty-one~

~edited may 29, 2021~

you were stressed, to say the least. and when you were stressed, you had a couple of methods to help you out or distract you.

usually, you would scream into a pillow while ignoring your feelings. other times you would play your guitar until new blisters would appear, or you baked.

you had already screamed. not into your pillow, but with bokuto two nights ago. it was now monday and you had already formed new blisters on your fingers from playing your guitar last night. lev came into your room and told you that you were distracting him with the noise from your room

you flipped him off and threw a plushie at him while he stuck his tongue out at you. you didn't notice the blisters until you washed your face and felt the roughness of your hands when you washed your face.

akaashi also pointed them out when he was holding your hand this morning, walking you to school.

"hey, f/n. what did you do last night? your hands feel so rough." akaashi asked you, a concerned tinge in his voice.

"oh nothing, just played a little bit of my guitar last night while distracting myself from my homework." you gave him a smile.

"be careful next time f/n, wouldn't want your hands to get more injured. take it from your setter boyfriend." he brought the hand he was holding to his lips and kissed it gently. you felt like eros just struck you with one of his arrows when he kissed your hand.

"gross, let's get moving lovebirds. i don't want to be late again." momo had intervened with the moment you and akaashi were having.

but that didn't stop the feeling of lovesickness rushing through the both of you.

that moment stayed in your head for the rest of the day. even now, as you stress baked. it didn't help that you happened to be making one of akaashi's favorite flavors of cupcake.

"n/n! whatcha doingggg?" lev asked, walking into the kitchen and sitting on top of the island counter.

"baking, fingers away from the batter lev." you saw from the corner of your eye that lev was trying to dip one of his fingers in the batter you set beside you.

"boo! you're boring."

"so then why are you here?"

"cause, i'm bored and i thought i could help you with whatever you're making today." you shuddered when lev mentioned he wanted to help you. the last time he helped you bake, the whole kitchen counter was covered in batter and you and lev were scolded by alisa and she made you two clean the kitchen while she watched.