~twenty-seven~

a/n: i made this meme myself in january. im running out of pictures to use, this is a last resort 😐

~edited for grammar june 2, 2021 :)~

you were sitting on your bed, fiddling with the strings of your guitar and playing random notes

you were sitting on your bed, fiddling with the strings of your guitar and playing random notes. there wasn't a song in particular you wanted to play, you just needed something to do. ever since you quit your manager position, you had a lot more free time so you got your homework done pretty early.

it also helped take your mind off of akaashi. it's been a week, and you saw how akaashi attempted to speak to you, momo always held him back though. she wouldn't even let him be in the same room as him. you loved momo, but sometimes her overprotectiveness could be a little overbearing.

you felt your phone vibrate from under your thigh where you had placed it. you got your phone out and saw the multiple texts from akaashi. he wasn't able to speak to you during school so he started texting you constantly, hoping one day you would respond to them. you would read the texts he sent, all of them. today was no different.

pretty boy kaashi:
f/n, please if you're reading these, answer me please.
hirai-san is very overprotective of you, i get why though.
i seem pretty desperate though. texting you when you're not even answering me. oh well, i'll continue doing it.
i hope you answer one day, i miss you.

the temptation to answer him only grew stronger with each passing day. you did feel bad though, you had decided to end things a couple days before his birthday. you didn't even send him a shitty "hbd" message. you thought it would've been weird, also because momo wouldn't let you.

you put your phone back under your thigh and continued playing random notes on your guitar, humming to yourself as you strummed. you were grateful that winter break was almost here. your school let the students out on christmas eve, but you usually miss a few days prior to that.

your parents usually come back home for christmas and new year's, usually they take you on a trip somewhere. it's never just a fun family trip, an interview for some magazine always has to be involved. the questions get repetitive at some point, you were starting to run out of ways to reword your answers.

"hey n/n," you heard a knock on your door. you stopped playing your guitar and saw alisa outside your door. "lights out, it's one in the morning. you still have school, it's not winter break yet." she closed your door and left to go to her own room. you put your guitar back in its case and tiptoed to the bathroom to start your night routine.

your crying had become less frequent, you just couldn't get him out of your head. his frequent texts didn't help at all. but you knew ending things with him was the right thing to do.