~seven~

~edited may 28, 2021~

~edited pt. 2,  january 18, 2022~

it was now lunch and akaashi was patiently waiting for you under the cherry blossom tree in the courtyard. he was fiddling with his fingers, a force of habit he always had.

he was a little anxious about what you had to say about his proposal. while he was walking back to his place, he kept overthinking the situation.

he kept thinking that he made you uncomfortable with it, and it didn't help that he didn't hear from you all weekend.

so when he got the text from you this morning, his anxiety about the whole situation sort of eased. so here is, waiting for you.

and then he saw you walking towards him. he always had thought you were sort of cute, that's part of the reason he asked you for this whole "fake girlfriend" situation.

another part, he had hoped you two would reconnect as friends again. when he found out you were going to fukurodani through his mother, he had a little tinge of hope in him. maybe you two could possibly be friends again...maybe.

"haiba-san, urm...sit down please." you obliged and sat down, across from him.

silence followed after that, then you spoke up.

"okay...so i decided what to do after a long talk with momo. and i decided, what's the worst that could happen?"

"so, does that mean you want do this?" akaashi said, a little expectancy in his voice.

"yeah, let's do this fake relationship thing. we just have to make it seem believable." with that, you pulled out a notebook and a pen from your backpack. akaashi had a confused look on his face.

"what's that for?"

"it's for a sort of "contract" thing. just to lay out basic things we should do to make this seem believable to kenma and mai. and to the rest of the student body, obviously." you said as you wrote something on the top of the paper.

"like for example, drop the last name and honorifics. so for now, it's just f/n for you and i'll call you keiji. couples don't use last names with each other." you said as you wrote that down.

"good point, what about the affection part? how far do you think is pushing it?"

he looked at you while you were thinking. it was a couple moments of silence before you decided to speak up.

"i guess the basics. so like, hand holding, hugs."

"now comes the awkward part, haiba-san. how do you feel about kissing in this relationship. before you say anything, i want to point out you did kiss me first. just putting that out there."

you felt your face become hot as akaashi had mentioned the kissing-him-in-the-park situation.

"i mean...i g-guess pecks on the forehead, hands, cheek and urm...lips are okay." you stuttered out due to your embarrassed state.