~twenty-six~

"aren't you glad we skipped school

"aren't you glad we skipped school. i mean, you didn't see akaashi all day, you got breakfast and lunch with me, we even went shopping." momo held up the bags she had in her hand, nodding her head towards the bags you had. you nodded slowly, still not in the best of moods.

"i mean, look at this adorable barbie doll i bought. isn't it cute?" she pulled out the doll from on of her bags, a big smile plastered on her face. momo always had a love for barbie, you didn't quite get it but you always tried to buy her barbie themed gifts.

the thing about not seeing akaashi wasn't 100% true. you saw a glimpse of him when you quit your manager position and turned in your volleyball tracksuit to yukie. you heard akaashi's voice, something you didn't expect to miss yet you did. before momo had walked you away from the gym, you caught a quick glimpse of akaashi.

if it wasn't for momo, you most likely would've given in to your temptations and asked him for forgiveness for the breakup. but, you didn't thanks to momo being there with you which prevented you from doing that. you missed his presence around you, the way his hands just happened to fit so perfectly into yours like a puzzle piece, even the little things like sharing your headphones with him. you didn't expect to get over him after two days, but you wish you did.

it would've made your life so much easier. the walk back to your place was silent, the occasional chattering of teeth from the cold december wind. to fit uniform regulations, students could opt to wear the sweater vest and the blazer along with a scarf and gloves, but it didn't offer much protection from the freezing cold.

"all right n/n, i'll see you tomorrow. i'm always here for you." she opened her arms for a hug which you gladly accepted. you stayed in each other's embrace for a while before momo let you go and started walking back to her place. you exhaled through your nose, your breath visible due to the cold and walked inside the house.

all you wanted to do was lay in bed, watch a couple of episodes of fruits basket and drift off to sleep, but you were stopped by alisa. "f/n, mind telling me what you were up to today?"

"what do you mean? i was at school the whole day." you shrugged it off, taking your shoes off and slipping your slippers on. alisa walked up to you and held up your shopping bags.

"yeah, seems to me you had a blast at school. our parents received a notification that you weren't at school today. i had to cover up for you and say you were sick with another fever. the least you could do is tell me why you decided to skip today. and tell me why you aren't at volleyball practice right now, i thought you were the manager?"

you took your bags from alisa's hands and started walking up the stairs to your room, not really in the mood for another one of her lectures. once you had changed out of your uniform, you got in bed and turned your computer on to start rewatching fruits basket. you didn't even bother turning the lights on, hoping this would make it easier to fall asleep.