~eighteen~

a/n: i do want to say, i've been trying my best to make this inclusive for all hair types, body types, skin color, races, and heights throughout this whole book but please excuse me if i mess up at any time <33

2 weeks later

"5, 6, 7, 8." you counted as momo did the steps to gfriend's 'me gustas tu'. she was practicing for a dance competition she was going to be performing at this friday. she wanted to get it perfect.

which is why you were spending lunch with her in the gym that you had the key to. fukurodani didn't have a dance room so you made do with the gym the volleyball team practices in. the song ended and momo did her ending pose.

"how did i do n/n?" momo said, taking sips from her water bottle. she had been practicing since the start of lunch, which started thirty minutes ago.

"you did great as always. now, let's go get you something to eat." momo perked up as you mentioned 'food' and she grabbed your hand, dragging you to the nearest vending machine.

you had almost reached the vending machines when momo stopped walking abruptly. she pushed both your backs against the nearest wall.

"momo what the-" you were cut off by momo covering your mouth with her hand.

"f/n! shut up! i'm trying to listen to your boyfriend and his ex talking." momo whisper-shouted at you. to say you weren't the least bit interested in what akaashi and mai were talking about, would be a lie. so you didn't protest when momo shushed you and listened in on their conversation.

total invasion of privacy? yeah sure, but you two were already there, so what's the harm? but it's not like you were the one listening in on their conversation, that was all momo.

"look, it's been like what? two months since we broke up, it's been long enough, don't you think?" you heard mai say.

on the other side, akaashi was nervously fiddling with his fingers behind his back. he hadn't done that since he started "dating" you. he was always nervous around mai, and not the "butterflies-in-stomach-face-burning-lovey-dovey" type of nervous.

more of like "oh-fuck-i'm-gonna-mess-up-and-she's-going-to-tease-me" kind of nervous. that was the nervous akaashi always felt around mai. at some point, akaashi did feel some form of love for her, but for the most part, he walked on eggshells around her.

"need i remind you, that you broke up with me for that upperclassman that goes to nohebi?" mai only giggled at akaashi's words.

"daishou and i broke up like two weeks ago, which is when i assumed you would break up with haiba-san." venom dripped out of her words as she said your last name. you and mai had never had a full conversation. she was always in the class below yours.

yet for some reason, mai despised you. if someone were to ask why she hated you, she'd try to weasel her way out of the question.

"why would i break up with f/n?" you two didn't have a set date of when you two would "break up". the topic was never brought up, neither of you wanted to bring it up.