~twenty~

a/n: italics mean flashbacks akaashi's having :)

~edited may 29, 2021~

akaashi sat on the floor on his room, looking out his window. the rumbling of thunder and the pitter-patter of the raindrops on his window mixed with the music he had playing in the background.

it had been raining the entire weekend. akaashi canceled your weekly hangout out of pure worry that you'd get sick again. he defended his decision as he didn't want to take care of a sick you again.

truthfully, he just didn't like seeing you sick. the days you were absent because of your cold, akaashi felt weird. he couldn't shake away the empty feeling he had those days.

playing with each of his fingers, akaashi had a lot on his mind. and none of it was school or volleyball related, which came as a shock to him.

it was you, running through his mind at a rapid pace. his thoughts seemed to be organized but they were also a mess.

akaashi knew he had developed feelings for you as the months went by, he didn't try to deny it. which was weird to him, he was never one to be 100% sure about his feelings. but he seemed to give in to his feelings for you so easily. when it hit him, he didn't feel weird about it. he felt sort of happy.

it also helped that he happened to be listening to you two's shared playlist. the memory of the playlist being made was one of his favorites between you two, it always brought a smile to his face whenever he remembered it.

it was a normal saturday, that day was your turn to pick where you two were going to hang out for the day and you had decided on a simple walk around tokyo and just figure out what to do then. you two ended up at a small park, eating cupcakes you two had ordered at this small bakery.

once you two had sat down on an empty space of grass, you took your airpods out of your bag and handed one to akaashi, pressing shuffle on of the playlists you made while you were supposed to be doing homework.

"isn't it my turn to choose the music?" akaashi asked you, knowing you had chosen the playlist for the past two days. akaashi, however, ignored it because he didn't really mind your music taste.

"hmmm nope, don't remember that, pretty sure you chose the music yesterday at lunch." you said, not making eye contact with him. he knew that was a lie, akaashi saw you had a habit of not making any form of eye contact whenever you lied.

"i haven't chosen the music we listen to for the past two days, hand me the phone." you two ended up having a small argument about this for the next five minutes, akaashi claiming he should choose the playlist. you claiming he already chose the playlist yesterday.