~nineteen~

~edited may 29, 2021~

you:
hey...bo
can we meet up at (insert random park)?
it's about akaashi

you knew that it was a probably long shot for bokuto to respond to your text seeing as it was almost one in the morning. but you still hoped he would answer.

bo‼️:
yeah sure
i'll see you there in twenty minutes?

you:
yup sounds good :))

you put your shoes and your jacket on and climbed out your window as quietly as you could in case alisa was still awake doing her homework. you put one airpod in your ear and started walking towards the park.

you left earlier so you could have some time to just collect your thoughts and what to exactly tell bokuto. you knew bokuto wasn't dumb, he catches onto more than what other people think. the only thing you didn't know was how much he could catch onto.

sitting down on a random bench, you were contemplating whether or not to tell bokuto that this whole relationship thing between you and akaashi was fake. based on what you heard from the volleyball team, bokuto was a trustworthy person. and it's not like he had anyone to tell it to, and it would make understanding your situation easier.

ten minutes later, you saw bokuto in his volleyball team jacket walking up to you.

"you know, you shouldn't be sitting all alone on a park bench at one in the morning. that's a little dangerous, don't you think?" bokuto asked you as he sat down next to you.

you put your airpod back in its case and turned to face bokuto. "nah, i have pepper spray on me. i'll be okay." you gave him a thumbs up and bokuto laughed, quite loudly.

"so, what is it about akaashi you want to talk about? it better not be something bad." bokuto's voice turned serious his last words. akaashi was his best friend and he was naturally going to take his side, in most cases anyway.

"well...it's not bad but it's not good, i guess." bokuto nodded as he listened to your words, signaling you to continue.

"so, this is going to sound kind of stupid but...my relationship with akaashi is kind sorta fake..."

"...wow. i want to say i'm super surprised but i'm not that surprised." you looked at bokuto with a mixture of confusion and surprised.

"what do you mean by that?"

"well, i didn't think it was fake but i did think it was suspicious. i mean, you and akaashi had never interacted from what i saw. he had just broken up with mai, and no offense, but he has never mentioned you. well, from what i remember anyway." bokuto had a proud smile on his face after he finished speaking while you still had your look of surprise.