~ending A~

"if you watch the first snowfall with someone, your love will be fulfilled"

"so what do you think f/n? will you let me be that person?" still wrapped up in akaashi's arms and his jacket, his words kept replaying in your mind.

you've been anticipating this kind of moment since you discovered your own selfishness. so why were you hesitating at this very moment? at this very moment where he's professing his love for you in quite possibly the most romantic way you could think of. the small love notes you forgot he was supposed to write, the huge love letter after you read the notes, him bringing you into his jacket after you forgot yours in the house and he saw you were shivering.

so what exactly was stopping you from immediately saying yes?

and that's when it hit you. you didn't know if you could trust him or if he could even trust you. how could you be 100% sure another kenma situation happened between you two? while all these thoughts were running through your mind, you didn't notice your hands started playing with akaashi's.

he kept his arms wrapped around your waist so you'd have easy and comfortable access to his hands. you had moved positions, your back now being against his chest. he loved the closeness he had with you at this moment, it took him all the willpower in the world for him not to pull you closer and pepper kisses all over your face. it was the first time in almost a month where he got to hold you this close again. he never wanted to lose this feeling.

and yet here you were still hesitating on what to say to him and his profession of love for you. the silence was deafening for akaashi, it had only made his anxiety rise with how long you were taking with your answer. at least he had your hands playing with his, that definitely helped him.

"keiji..." you had finally said after minutes of deafening silence. oh how he missed the sound of your sweet voice calling him by his first name, his heart overflowed with joy. "how do i know another 'kenma' incident isn't going to happen again? i mean, that's the main reason i ended this. because you didn't trust me."

akaashi knew you were right. he put mai's words over yours. he trusted his ex over someone who was his girlfriend. he thought hard about his answer so he wouldn't mess this moment up. he let go of you and turned you to face him, placing his hands on your shoulders.

"f/n, i can't promise you that i won't get jealous again," he moved his hands from your shoulders to cup your cheeks. "what i can promise you is that i'll try my hardest to not get so overly jealous that it'll cause a whole fight between us again. if you want to try again, you also have to trust me. you have to trust that this won't happen to us again." you held his wrists as his hands were still cupping your cheeks.