Chapter 18

"Wait!" I ran back down the volcano to my girlfriend, then cupped her face with my hands. "I'll come back Chloe, I promise. I love you so so much, like I said, you'll never be alone Chloe because I'll always be with you, okay? Always." 
Then, Tom grabbed hold of her and guided her down the volcano, leaving me staring at her for what could have been the last ever time.

After a while, we reached the peak of the volcano. It was sizzling away beside us, and reality suddenly struck me.
"No, I can't do this!" I screamed, panicking. Both girls turned to each other with blank expressions, then grabbed hold of me and Tris.

Chloe's POV:

I was shivering, crying and heartbroken. I could see Maddie felt the same, however was managing to hold her emotions back pretty well.
"He'll come back, Clo. He promised," Nicole reminded, rubbing my back.
"B-but he's gone," I whispered through tears.
"Oh, Chloe." Nazmin sighed, giving me a comforting hug. I continued to cry into her shoulder, thinking endlessly about Con.
That's when Tom got involved. "I'm sorry, but you need to understand that-"
"This is all your fault!" I screamed angrily at Tom. "You're so selfish! Why didn't you just dive in yourself? I hate you!"

Then, I ran. I ran towards the volcano. I know Con had said not to but I just couldn't help myself.

That's when I heard it. A loud trembling sound making it's way towards me from the ground. Birds went crazy, flying everywhere, and I just stood there. I peered at the peak of the volcano, and saw lava beginning to ooze it's way out from the volcano - then, my gaze focused on four figures dashing down the volcano, petrified. I noticed that one figure anywhere - Connor.

A/N

Hey guysssss! Sorry I haven't updated in ages! I've been super busy, but I'm gonna try and keep on top of updating now! I love you all!
~Chloe xoxo