Chapter Three

James' car was so much more comfortable than Connor's. It was an eight-seater, so there was plenty of room; James and Nazmin in the front, Brad and Nicole in the second row and seats and me and Con is the back row. I slept most of the way which, to be honest, I was quite upset about. I could've had a cute late night drive with Con, but no. I only woke up when we reached the airport.

"Clooooo, we're here! Yay! Goodbye boring old England!" Con flung open the door with maybe a little too much excitement, inviting cold air in to invade me.

I undid my seatbelt and made my way out of the car, slamming the door shut behind me. Me and Con walked infront, the others close behind. The boys had grabbed all our luggage already, which was good, because I was beginning to feel a little sick. (Probably because I was tired and cold, but hey.)

I thought I heard someone shouting James' name as soon as we set foot inside the airport, but I chose to ignore it because I was probably hilucinating.

"James, who is that?" Nazmin questioned as a girl about my age hurried up to James.

"Sophie!" He cried, letting go of Nazmin and flinging his arms around the girl. I saw a look of disappointment spread across Nazmin's face as James hugged the other person tightly, and automatically felt sorry for her.

"Guys, this is Sophie, my younger sister. She's fourteen, though I rarely see her, so yeah, you won't know her. Soph, this is Nazmin, my girlfriend," I saw Nazmin's face suddenly beam with happiness as she stepped over towards James. "This is Nicole, and this is Chloe," James giggled. Clearly the other boys already knew Sophie. She smiled shyly, showing off her perfectly straight teeth. "Why are you here, Soph?"

"Dad said you were going on holiday, so I wanted to say bye." She flung her arms around James' neck as he picked her up delicately off the floor once again, this time spinning her around.

"I've missed you, Soph! I'm going to go now though, so that we don't miss our plane. Why don't you come and see us out there sometime though? I'm sure you can book a flight with Dad - we're staying there for six weeks."

"Yeah, I'll ask him!" Sophie smiled. Although she was fourteen and  James' sister, I still couldn't help but wonder whether Nazmin was still slightly jealous.

As we began to make our way to book in our flight, I saw Sophie bound off in the distance to ask her dad. I knew there was no way they could book a flight for today, or tomorrow - but after that? Course she could. Yes, I barely knew Nazmin but I didn't want her upset on this holiday. Sophie was lovely, no one seemed to have a problem with her but because James didn't see her that often, would he accidentally leave Nazmin out?

Whilst I was in mid-thought I felt Connor's warm hand slip into mine.

"You okay Chloe?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. But... Do you think James would leave anyone out?" Connor chuckled quietly and pulled me closer.

"Don't worry about it, Clo. James wouldn't aim to upset anyone."

And just like that, we were ready to go. With Connor beside me and Nazmin happy again, I stopped worrying - well, for now...