Chapter 19

I couldn't just stand and watch my beloved boyfriend run for his life.

I sprinted over to the bottom of the volcano and started screaming at them to hurry up, and they did. Con and Tris eventually reached the bottom of the volcano, and Con picked me up and ran.

"Con, put me down! I'm pretty capable of running."

"I'm not risking being parted from you again, I love you too much."

Everyone hurried through the jungle, panting. Con only put me down when we reached the safety of the sandy beach, where we also found Brad, Nazmin, Nicole, James, Maddie - and Tom.

"Tris!" Maddie screamed, dashing up to her boyfriend. Tristan picked her up and started kissing her, the two of them crying together. I turned to Con, who was glaring at Tom.

"Con, don't," I warned, clutching my boyfriend's wrist.

"Why did you let her come back," Con growled under his breath.

"What?" Tom questioned.

"I said, why did you let her come back?!" Con shouted, escaping my grasp and making his way over to Tom. "Fair enough, you can take me, but you can't take me and let my girlfriend put herself in danger! Who the hell do you think you are?!" Con bellowed.

"I-I'm sorry," Tom whimpered. Wow, never thought I'd see him scared.

"This girl, you protect her. I love her." Con commanded.

"Y-yes, of course," Tom stammered.

"Right." Con turned to me. "Everything's gonna be okay, I promise. We're getting out of here, Chloe, no matter what it takes." He turned to Tom. "You have a phone. I know you do. Get it out, now." Tom obeyed Connor's commands and flung his phone out - it was only a flip up one, but somehow it had signal and battery.

"James, do you know Sophie's number?" Con asked, looking hopeful towards James.

"Yeah, why?"

"Dial it. Tell her we need her to get over here, tell her about the volcano, everything. Soon enough, that lava will be here, we need to hurry." James did as Con requested, and dialled in his sister's number. He explained everything, and Sophie promised she'd get us off - though I had no idea how.

Night slowly crept up on us again, but this time, no one would be sleeping. We could see the glow from the lava which was approaching us, and that was something that scared us all. I lay on Connor, trying my hardest not to cry. Nazmin was so upset, but luckily James was good at comforting her, and so he got her to calm down pretty well if you ask me. Nicole was singing some songs with Brad, and it looked as though it was distracting them pretty well. And Maddie and Tris? They were sitting in silence, cuddling, comforting each other.

"Con?" I started, peering up at my boyfriend.

"Yes baby?"

"Will we live?" Connor paused, then looked down at me.

"Of course we will, Chloe. Sophie's coming, it's gonna be okay." I smiled, then looked over at Tom and the two island girls, who were sitting deep in thought against a palm tree.

"What about Tom?" Con sighed.

"No matter what I say you're gonna persuade me to take them back with us, aren't you?" Con giggled, taking hold of my hand.

"Yes," I smiled, grabbing his hand in return.

The lava was seeping closer and closer towards us, and I was beginning to lose all hope. I kissed Con's hand and cried softly. Con started playing with my hair, trying to calm me down, but for once it wasn't working. I sobbed harder, tears streaming down my cheeks.

The lava was so close to us now, I could feel the heat on my skin.

That's when it happened.

A/N

Guys I am so so sorry for not updating for ages! I've been super busy but I'm planning to get the next chapter up today (one but last chapter oml!) Anyway, I'm so sorry for not updating! If you guys wanna keep up with the fanfics I write and when they're gonna be updated, then follow my Instagram which is @wtfjonnor

I love you guys so much x

~ Chloe xoxo