Chapter 27

Carie shook my shoulders. "Lexi! It's okay! Your safe!"

I opened my eyes to a semi-bright room.

"Are you okay?" Carie asked me.

"Yeah... Just a bad dream."

"Sounds like one heck of a bad dream," she said, still concerned.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you," I apologized.

"Nah, I've been awake for a while now."

I looked at the time. "It's 11:00 o'clock?!"

"Yeah. You must've been pretty tired."

"Yeah..."

"Well, let's eat breakfast to get our brain working," Carie said enthusiastically.

I laughed, "Okay."

She began walking away. "Are you coming?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you down there in a few," I said.

She nodded her head and left.

I lied back down and tried to get my thoughts together. That was one heck of a dream. The more I thought about it, it gave me a feeling of dread.

.

.

.

After a quick breakfast (cereal and TOAST), I knew I had to go see my mom.

I suddenly hear a knock on the door. I gave Carie a look of terror wondering if it was her mom or dad.

She laughed. "It's Jay," she said.

"Give me a warning next time!" I said, pretending to restart my heart. "I thought I was going to have to jump behind the couch and go into stealth mode," I joked.

She rolled her eyes and walked to the living room letting Jay in.

He gave me a quick wave and I waved back.

"I missed you last night," Carie said.

"I missed you more," he said.

"And I'm about to miss my breakfast," I said making barfing gestures.

They laughed.

"Okay, I should really go now," I said.

"Go where?" Carie asked.

"I haven't seen my mom in a while, so I should really go see her."

"Yeah... but don't you want to stay for a little while longer?" she said with a hopeful voice.

"With you guys being lovey dovey? Um, I think I'm good."

She answered in a hurry, " Then we won't anymore. We'll stop."

Jay nodded in agreement.

"It's fine," I said with an uncomfortable laugh. "I'm just going to go real quick and I'll be back."

Carie was silent.

"Why... why don't you want me to go?" I asked.

"...there's nothing to go to."

"What do you m..." My words faded as I saw tears in her eyes. "No.... No!"

She came and hugged me just as tears spilled down my face. "I'm so sorry," she cried.

"How? How did it happen?"

Carie stayed quiet.

I took her by her shoulders. "How?!"

"Rogues."

That's when I snapped and ran out the door.

At first, I wasn't sure where I was running to. I was just running to let off my anger. But it kept building. I shifted into my wolf form and ran even faster.

I knew who killed my mom. And I knew exactly where I was running to then: straight to that fcking rogue pack and killing Farbara.

I heard paws running behind me. I growled, I didn't want to be bothered.

I heard barking behind me, but I didn't care, I kept going forward, letting my hatred do the thinking.

Suddenly I was tackled to the ground. I noticed the wolf to be Jay. He stood in front of me to keep me from going any further. Carie soon joined him.

"Let me go through," I growled in mind link.

Jay barked back.

What the hell? "Can't you understand me?" I asked.

This time Carie barked.

"I don't know what you're saying!" I cried, slowly having a breakdown from everything that was happening. The dream, my mom was killed by rogues, I couldn't hear Jay and Carie talk!

I shifted back into my human form and began sobbing.

"Jay, go get some clothes," Carie said back in her human form. I heard Jay run off.

"Lexi, we need to go to my alpha... I think it's about time you find out about your past."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you like the chapter! And one quick thing, I'm tired of putting how the characters get clothes after they shift from their wolves. From now on, just assume they will always have clothes on unless I say otherwise :D

And don't forget to:

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW