Chapter 32

It was so freaking dark that I could barely see my hand in front of me. I was already regretting stepping into this pack house.

"Brad, you still here?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay..." I said more to myself than to him.

I inched my way through the kitchen. I still had to go through the living room and up the stairs.

The edge of a table jabbed into my side. I gritted my teeth in pain and held my hip.

"Stupid table," I mumbled. "Brad, might wanna watch out for a table... somewhere," I said not sure how to describe something I couldn't see.

I finally entered the living room based on me bumping into a couch. I noticed Brad has been kind of quiet.

"Brad?"

No answer.

I could only hear my own shaky breathing. I opened my eyes as wide as they could trying to look around and find Brad.

"Brad?!" I cried.

I began to panic and sprinted toward the stairs. I ran smack into a chair and tripped over it. I cried in pain from hurting my leg.

I tried to get up but fell back down on the cold floor. The lightning gave me enough light to see a body lying down next to me.

I screamed and forced myself up through the pain. Another flash of lightening and I found the staircase. I hurriedly limped my way towards it.

I grabbed onto the rail and dragged myself upstairs. I felt so scared and confused and alone.

I finally got to my hallway and I layed on the floor panting. Just a couple more feet to my room. I stood up again with the wall holding most my weight, slowly limped to my room.

Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder. It felt familiar. It had to be Brad.

I turned around and hugged him crying.

"I saw a body down there," I said. "I think he's dead."

"It's okay," he said.

His voice sounded a bit different. Confused, I looked up at him as soon as lightening struck. I gave between a gasp and scream when I saw Connor there looking me in the eye with a hint of amusement.

I push him away and try to run the opposite direction.

Laughing, he easily grabbed my shoulders and pinned me to the wall. His hands on my shoulders were creating bruises.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"You know what I want." He glanced at my neck. He must've saw me hesitating to yell out for Brad when he said, "Don't even try. Brad can't save you now."

The body... downstairs...

I felt tears stream down my face. The next thing I know he yanks my head to one side and bites down on my neck as hard as he could.

I screamed and he let my body fall towards the floor. I looked up at him and see blood dripping from his smiling mouth.

I lunged at his throat wanting to rip that smile off his face.

"You think you can hurt me?" Connor stated, amused from my actions.

Just then I noticed that my punches and scratches were doing nothing. He easily grabbed me by my throat and threw me down the stairs.

When I was back at the bottom of the stairs, I felt like I couldn't move. Everything felt broken. My breathing was jagged. Connor walked down the stairs laughing.

Suddenly a body is looming over mine.

"Brad," I said, barely able to speak. But this Brad was different. His eyes held no life, instead just an empty, bottomless pit.

I crawled away from him and Connor. As I was crawling, a hand reached out and grabbed my wrist, it's nails making my arm bleed. I realized it was the girl who I pushed down the stairs and threatened to kill me.

I yanked my arm out of her grip and kept crawling. Then a hand goes over my mouth and nose trying to suffocate me. The hand slipped which allowed me a chance to bite it. She screamed in agony. I quickly look back and see Farbara holding her hand.

"Keep moving!" I thought.

Suddenly I found myself in a corner. I put my back against the wall and caught my breath.

Four figures began towards me. They all held a different torture for me.

Shaking uncontrollably, I pulled my knees up to my chest and held my head between my arms, screaming.

.
.

"Lexi! Lexi! Wake up!" Brad was yelling over my screams.

I opened my eyes and see Brad there. I couldn't tell if I stopped screaming but I pushed him away from me and in doing so, fell off my bed.

Brad came rushing to my side. "Lexi! It's okay! It's me!"

"I know!" I cried. "Get away!"

He grabbed me by the shoulders. "Lexi! It was just a dream!"

I guess I was still screaming when he put his hand over my mouth to silence me. "Lexi! Listen to me!"

I managed to bite his hand. "Fuck!" he yelled. He held is hand in pain.

"Lexi," he said, calmly. "Look at me. What do you see?"

All I saw was the memory of him from my dream. But I forced myself to look into his eyes. "I see the reflection of the candlelight," I said.

Candlelight... that's right. The electricity went out yesterday from the storm. So we lit up the pack house with candles.

"You okay?" Brad asked.

"Sorry... bad dream." I said still lost in thought.

"That must've been one heck of a bad dream."

I looked down at his hand. "Your hand's bleeding."

"Yeah, but don't worry, it should heal in a little bit."

I pick up his hand and see bite marks from where I bit him. I drop it and look up at him. "I'm scared, Brad."

"Of what?"

I couldn't respond, I didn't know how to.

"C'mon," he said picking me up, "let's go to my room."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Halloween! Hopefully I didn't make this chapter too scary for you guys... Mwahahahahaha

*cough*

I'm gonna try to make an effort to update twice a month but writers block can be a heartless bitch.

Remember to:

FOLLOW

COMMENT

VOTE

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY EAT CANDY