Chapter 10

The best feeling ever is waking up in Conner's arms. I could tell he was already awake because he was looking at me.

"Goodmorning beautiful," he said in a sleepy voice.

"Goodmorning." I stretched and yawned.

Conner kissed me gently. "I have something planned for you today."

"Really?"

"Yeah. I figured you might want to leave the pack house for a while."

"You know I do!"

He chuckled at my answer. "Cool. Get ready."

"Where are we going?"

"I'll leave that to be a surprise."

I got ready into my outfit. Shorts with a regular T-shirt. I don't like to stand out.

We went outside to the edge of the woods and I see him carrying a picnic basket.

"I'm guessing we're going to have a picnic?" I asked him.

"Yup." He smiled at me. "We can walk to the place we are supposed to go... or we can shift to our wolves and run there." His fingers intertwined with mine. "Plus, I've always wanted to see your wolf."

"Let's run!" I jogged to a tree and hid behind it. "Don't look."

"I won't look if you won't look," he said while hiding behind a tree as well.

"Deal." As soon as my clothes were off, I shifted into my wolf. I unruffled my fur and turn my head to see Conner in his wolf form. He was a chocolate color that matched well with his eyes.

"Let's go," I heard him say through mind link. "Follow me." I grabbed my clothes in my mouth and chased after Conner.

The feeling of running after being stuck in a house for days was amazing. I was finally able to stretch all the bones in my body. The wind whistled through my ears.

We ran for a while until Conner came to a stop. We were at the edge of a cliff with beautiful flowers of all kinds surrounding it.

I ran behind a tree and quickly changed behind it. I came back out and see Conner has changed too. I ran into his arms. "Conner! It's beautiful!"

"So are you."

I had to laugh. "You have no idea how cliche that sounded, Conner."

He chuckled. "But it's true!"

I walked over to the edge of the cliff and sat down. I let my legs dangle over the edge. Conner sat down next to me. He slung an arm over my shoulder. I breathed in deeply. I smelled fresh grass.

"It seems like you like it here," Conner pointed out.

"Yeah. I do."

"Then we should make this more of a regular thing."

"I don't think I can sneak out of the house when Brad comes back." I shouldn't have said that, was what I instantly thought. Conner looked depressed when I mentioned Brad. "Look, let's just face the truth."

"What truth?"

"I've been thinking about this lately and I know that one day you're going to find your mate. No matter what, you're going to choose her over me. Which is why I don't want to make this relationship permanent."

"I'll always choose you. I love you, Lexi."

"No! Never choose me. Don't choose me over your mate."

"And who's going to stop me?" he asked.

"If you choose me over your mate, I'll never forgive you."

He sighed out in frustration. "Lexi... I-I love you. If I ever find my mate, then I I'll figure out what to do. Until then, let's not worry about it."

"I love you too, Conner. I guess I'll try not to worry so much..."

"Good," he said and gave me a slight kiss. The kiss soon became heated as he nipped my bottom lip. All I could think about was how perfect he was. How he was the sweetest guy I've ever met. Yet, I couldn't shake the feeling as if someone was watching us...

That thought was soon forgotten as Conner slid his hand under my shirt to rub my bare back. I leaned more into him, wanting more.

That's when I hear the growl. I quickly turn around and see five wolves growling at us. Rouges.

"Lexi, run!" Conner yelled. He then shifted into his wolf and began to fight.

"I'm not leaving you!" I shift into my wolf. A rouge attacked me from the side, pinning me down to the ground. Another grabs me by my neck and throws me to a tree. Five against one. Completely unfair. They notice I'm weak. One advances toward me while the other four go towards Conner.

I get back up. I'm not giving up. I charge towards the rouge and knock it off it's feet. Then I run towards Conner because it looked like he needed my help. I notice Conner is only battling three wolves. Where's the fourth? Then I see him. He's hiding in the shadows, waiting to attack Conner's undefended side. Then he lunged. So did I. But not at Conner, at the rouge. We both began tumbling over one another then suddenly, off the cliff.

I shifted back into my human form in midair.

The feeling of free falling was amazing. How you could just feel weightless while the sound of wind went through your ears.

I thought death was supposed to happen quickly. Instead, it was taking forever. I could literally count all the milliseconds that we're passing by. The ground kept coming near. I really hope I don't feel any pain. But the exact opposite happened. Everything got dark and I felt nothing.

Sorry if this was a late chapter you guys. I had writers block for a while. What do you think will happen next? I'll try to update faster! And thanks you guys! I now have 1K reads! You guys are the best! <sniffle sniffle>

Comment and vote please!