Chapter 23

Lexi's POV

I ran out the tent with Todd right behind me. I saw Savanna with fear in her eyes and Farbara behind her, putting a knife against Savanna's throat.

"What are you doing?" I yelled at Farbara.

"Don't come any closer!" she said, a wild look in her eye. "I'm tired of playing nice. All I want is Lexi."

I stayed still. I looked over to Savanna. You could obviously tell she was afraid. Then I looked over to Todd. His eyes were frantic, trying to formulate a plan to save Savanna.

But I already knew what I had to do.

"OK," I told Farbara.

She gave a wicked smile.

I was about to walk forward when Todd grabbed my arm. "I never promised you, remember?" I pulled his hand off me.

I stayed five feet away from her and said, "Let go of her or I'm not coming any closer."

She did as I said. As soon as she did, two of her guys grabbed my arms, roughly I might add. Savanna began running towards Todd. Todd gave a hint of a smile. She wasn't that far away from him when she suddenly stopped. Then altogether, collapsed onto the ground. Todd's smile disappears. I looked at Farbara and saw she didn't have her knife anymore. It was now in Savanna's back.

"Savanna!" I screamed. I tried rushing to her but the guys kept my back. Todd tried going to her also but the rouges began beating him up.

The guy's hand slipped from my arm so I punched him as hard as I could. The other guy was holding onto my arm for dear life no matter how many times I hit him.

I realized I was close enough to Farbara to hit her. I swung a backhand but as fast as lightning, she grabbed my throat. This gave time for the other guy to recoil and grab my arm again.

I couldn't breathe. I began seeing black dots all over. I saw Todd trying to reach out to help me but couldn't.

She was slowly killing me. This would be the perfect time for Brad and his pack to show up. Sadly, it was barely sundown.

Farbara had an evil smile. As if killing me would bring joy to the world. More like pain and suffering.

Suddenly, confusion came across her face. I saw Todd saying something, but I couldn't hear him. She let go of my throat and walked over to him.

I fell to the ground. Catching my breath and throwing up my guts. My vision was blurry but I knew what Farbara was gonna do. She had her hands around Todd's neck and-

"Stop!" I shouted, or at least tried to. My voice was raspy. "Don't kill Todd."

"And why not?"

"Because he didn't do anything. And neither did I."

She began to walk towards me. "That doesn't mean you're not guilty."

"OK, but what about him? Just leave him alone. You said all you wanted was me, right? Well here I am."

"And there you are." She sounded as if she was lost in thought. "Take her to my tent. I want to have a talk with her." They began dragging my off.

"No!" I grabbed her wrist. "I'm not letting you out of my sight until I know Todd's going to be safe!"

She looked me in the eye. "You will do as I say. You probably forgot but I am your alpha. You must obey me whether you want to or not."

I just grabbed her wrist tighter. "And you might have forgot but I'm not just a normal werewolf. That's why you want me. For whatever it is you're planning to do!"