Chapter 25

OMG. It's been a week. A week and Brad has barely talked to me. And with this heat, it just makes everything worse.

Brad only comes to my room to say hi, twice if I'm lucky. I thought after the talk we had, he would visit me more often.

And I'm getting DESPERATE over here. My heat is making every single one of my senses multiply and the less I see of Brad, the worst it gets.

And guess what? He freaking locked the door so I couldn't go visit him. What the actual hell?!

And right now, I am waiting for Brad to say hi to me since he hasn't said it at all today. And in case you didn't know, watching time DOES make it go slower. BUT I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO.

I suddenly hear the door open. Brad!

"Hi—" Before he could finish what he was saying I dragged him into the room and closed the door.

"Brad! I am about to go crazy if you keep doing this to me! This heat is driving me crazy! If I could hibernate for the next couple of weeks like an animal I would!"

"Okay Lexi, just calm down..."

"Did you seriously just tell me to calm the down? I need you Brad but you just leave me in here!"

"I know but I—"

"But what? I told you about self control and that we could work on that together!"

"Lexi... Wake up..." I barley heard Brad say.
Ignoring him I said, "Stop trying to change the subject. I just need you... Right now."

"Lexi, wake up..."

"I love you Brad..."

"Lexi! Wake up!"

My eyes shot wide open. It was really light out. I looked at the time. It was 9:30 am.

"What the hell?" I muttered.

"Good morning beautiful," Brad said and put breakfast on the dresser next to me.

"What...?" I was utterly disoriented.

"I said good morning," Brad said chuckling.

"Good morning," I yawned. .

"You know you talk in your sleep, right?" Brad laughed.

I finally got my jumbled thoughts together. "Stop laughing..." I said sleepily.

"Well it wouldn't surprise me. Oh and I love you too," he said with a smirk.

"Did I seriously talk in my sleep?"

"Yep."

"Ugh."

"Soooo... What was your dream about?"

"Like you don't know," I retorted.

"Well yeah, but please, enlighten me," he said chuckling.

I rolled my eyes. "Wel—"

"Wait first!" I look at him. "Was I in it?"

I giggled and hit his chest. "Yes, you dork!"

He laughed and motioned for me to continue.

"Well we got into an argument and naturally, I won."

"Naturally," Brad said sarcastically.

"Then...."

"Aaannd?"

"That's it," I said.

"What?  No way?" He said laughing. "I heard you talk in your sleep."

"Okay, then what'd you hear?" I asked.

"You said you needed me and that you loved me," he said.

"Yeah," I mumbled.

"You know I've been trying my best to stay here with you for as long as possible," Brad said.

"Yeah, I know... I guess I just felt like you were ignoring me."

"But you know I'm not. I try to see you as much as I can for as long as I can. But after a while, your scent starts to get to me and..."

"And then you leave and being by myself starts to get to me 'cause I need you around to balance me out. Especially in my heat. I still have two more weeks of it and I don't know how much longer I can take..."

"Lexi... I know what you're suggesting, but I'm not having sex with you. You're in heat, you're not thinking straight. As soon as I mate with you, you might regret it."

"Why would I regret it? I love you Brad."

"I love you too. We just need to wait out these two weeks so when your heat is gone, you'll know what you want."

"I do know what I want. And that's you." He didn't say anything. "Or are you ashamed to do it with me because I had sex with another guy?"

"I'm not— Wait, with another guy? When?"

"At the rogue camp but it—"

"You're there for a couple of days and you're already having sex?" I heard a small growl in his throat.

"It's not like that. I was still getting used to being able to control the heat."

"But you couldn't and ended up having sex with him!" His eyes became black. "I'm so tempted to mark you as my own right now so no guys other than myself will come near you!"

"Go ahead. Do it!"

"No."

"Do it!"

"Don't tempt me!" he yelled.

"Do it! I want you to!"

I could see Brad was trying to get himself under control. "So what if this guys decides to come after you?!"

"He won't..."

"Why wouldn't he?!"

"Because he's dead!" I yelled at him tears streaming down my face. "I saw him die!"

His face was emotionless. "You must've cared for him. Or even loved him..."

"I don't know..."

"Well you're crying—"

"Okay, so maybe I cared for him."

"How could you?! First Connor, now this guy?"

"Hey! Don't be so quick to judge! What about that girl I threw down the stairs after you guys had sex?"

"That's different! I didn't love her! Can't you see that I love you?" Brad asked.

"If you loved me, you would mate with me right now."

"And if you loved me, you would understand why I can't," Brad said.

There was a pause.

"I guess we don't love each other..."

Many emotions crossed his face then. Anger, shock but most of all, heartbroken.

But then all of those emotions turned you plain out anger. "Fine," he said. "Besides, I can't be with a slut."

He left and slammed the door behind him.

I didn't know what to feel. But the emotion that won out was overwhelmingly sadness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Hope you like this chapter! What do you think Lexi will do now?

Don't forget to:

COMMENT

VOTE

FOLLOW