Chapter 21

My sobs were the only thing I could hear. I was laying down on the muddy floor, still in the forest.

How could I have been so stupid?! I fell for Todd again.

I was sore. I gently put my clothes back on.

Todd left. Not too long ago actually. But not by choice. I made him leave. You may say: See, your not that stupid. No. I am very stupid. We would have been fully mated by now if it wasn't for... Brad.

.

.<a few moments ago>

.

"Todd," I breathed out as he furiously kissed me neck.

He groaned. I felt his hands roaming all over my body. His mouth was everywhere. My senses couldn't keep up.

He grabbed my wrists with one hand and held them above my head. His other hand cupped my breast while his lips found mine again.

I knew what was coming next. Both of our clothes were off. Then I felt it. I moaned and lifted my hips up a bit. He kept going.

Suddenly I felt pain, it made me gasp a bit. I opened my eyes, but instead of seeing Todd, I see someone else. And we're not in the forest anymore. We're in a closet. I heard screaming that was mine but wasn't coming out of my mouth. "I think I'll use you as a sex toy..." That voice. I felt tears go down my cheeks. This time I did scream. And suddenly, Todd was there again.

I pushed against his chest and he quickly moved away from me. "What's wrong?" he asked me.

"Get the fuck away from me!" I yelled. "I never want to see you again, you bastard!"

He quickly grabbed his clothes and left.

.

.<back to present>

.

Brad didn't exactly "save me". He traumatized me. Since the moment we met and raped me in that closet. But that moment is what saved me now. What made me remember what horrible things came out of that.

Now I realized how badly I wanted Brad now. I just wanted someone to love me. And Brad said he loves me now, right? If only I could've given him a second chance and stayed at that horrible pack. That pack is by far better than this one.

Everyone is against me here. They want something from me. They're hiding something from me. I don't know who to trust. I needed answers, now.

Maybe I should just confront Farbara. But if something goes wrong while I'm talking to her, she can just kill me. And like Savanna said, even if I die, that'll still somehow work with her plan. And for some reason, her "plan" involves me. Lucky me <sarcasm>.

But you know what? I'm tired of being clueless. I can handle myself.

I got up and began walking back towards camp. I have to talk to Farbara if it kills me. Which I hope it doesn't.

.

.

.

"...needed to."

"Needed to lose my friend?!"

"Shhh! Keep your voice down," Farbara said. "We don't want anyone listening in. And besides, you're not here to make friends."

I was standing outside Farbara's tent. Luckily I heard them talking before I entered. I slowed my breathing and stood as still as a statue, listening in to their conversation.

"I thought the point of us being here was to make a life," Todd said.

"We are making a life."

"Really? 'Cause it doesn't feel like it. We're always on the run, one of us gets killed from other packs on a weekly basis—"