Chapter 5

I growled at the wolf. I could probably take him. We circled around each other waiting to see who would strike first. It looked like the wolf was going to, but another wolf beat him to it. This wolf was black with smudges of brown in it. He attacked the wolf until he gave up and left. The black wolf began to approach me. He smelled like... Brad.

I tried running away from him but he bit down on my tail. I snapped at him. Big mistake on my part. He lunged at me. He brought me down to the ground. He chewed my neck. I screamed. I did anything I could to get him off me. I clawed him, scratched him, pushed him. Nothing worked. I screamed at him to stop.

Finally I shifted back into my human form. He stopped biting my neck and shifted into his human form too.

I layed on the floor, gasping for breath. Tears silently falling down my cheeks. Brad picked me up bridal style and began to carry me back to the pack house. One hand pushed hard against my neck. I screamed out. I knew he was trying to stop the bleeding but it hurt to much.

As soon as we entered the pack house, people instantly surrounded us. Through all this pain, I'm glad I couldn't blush because I was naked being carried by a naked guy.

Brad carried me into a room. He set me down in a bed then left. A bunch of people, I assumed were doctors, began working on my neck. I screamed out when. they put the slightest pressure on it. They taped my arms down so I couldn't move them.

They began cleaning my neck so it wouldn't get infected. It was an unbearable stinging sensation. It caused me to fist my hand tightly and my nails dug into my palm. I cut myself. Apparently someone noticed and they immediately bandaged my hand.

"She already lost too much blood. We can't have her losing more."

"I need something to hold on to," I said through gritted teeth. I suddenly felt a hand in mine. I tried to focus on the person and not the pain. His hand was warm and supporting.

One stitch in my neck.

I gripped his hand tighter. This time I focused on his eyes. They were hazel with a mix of sky blue. Beautiful color actually.

Another stitch.

I gripped his hand until I felt something wet. It was his blood.

Focus on something else. His hair. It was dirty blonde. His hair went right above his wonderful eyes.

Two more stitches and I screamed out. I began to trying to move away from them. Then they showed me a syringe.

"This is going to numb you."

The then shot it into my arm. My whole body instantly numbed. It took awhile for them to finish stitching my neck. By that time, I could already feel everything above my legs. I still couldn't feel my legs. Or even move them. The guy who held my hand stayed with me though. Long after the doctors left. All the way into night. We didn't say anything much. Mostly because I was sleeping the whole time. But when I woke up. He was still there.

I smiled at him. He smiled back.

"What's your name?" I asked him.

"Conner. Yours?"

"Lexi." It was an awkward silence before I said, "Thanks for letting me hold your hand. It was, um, reassuring."

"Anytime." I look down at his hand and it is bandaged.

"Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to cut you or anything like that!"

"It's fine. I've had worse pain." He shrugged. Suddenly my stomach growled. I blushed. "I'm guessing your hungry."

"You guessed correctly."

He smiled. "Okay, I'll show you to the kitchen. Maybe I'll make you my famous dish," he said smirking.

"I think I'll be the judge of that." I tried to get up but I still could barely move my legs. I would've fallen to the floor if Conner haven't caught me in time.

"Want me to carry you?" He didn't wait for my answer as he picked me up and carried me to the kitchen. I don't know why, but i felt safe in his arms.

He sat me on the kitchen counter as he made me his 'famous dish'. Meanwhile,  I looked around the room. The pack house was really huge. Five floors.

"Here you go madam," said Conner as he handed me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. "And to top it off, a glass of milk."

"Why thank you!" I said trying to be formal but burst out laughing. He then laughed too.

"Try guessing my secret ingredient." I took a bite out of the sandwich and it did taste different. Then I knew.

"You put chocolate?"

"Yup. That's what makes it famous," he said smiling. I laughed. I've already eaten half my sandwich when Conner asks, "What happened to your neck?"

"Brad happened."

"He did that?"  I nodded my head. "I don't know how someone can do that to someone so pretty and nice as you."

I blushed at his words. "Thanks."

"If.. if I was there, I would've stopped him." His hand gently brushed my cheek. "But I'm just the beta. He would've probably beaten me to a pulp."

I smile. "Nah, I'm pretty sure you could've taken him. You have pretty big muscles." Oh my god! Did I literally just say that?!

He chuckled. "Thanks. And you have a beautiful face." I blushed. He then whispered in my ear, "I won't let anyone hurt you anymore."

I tried to believe in his words. Suddenly his face was an inch away from mine. I couldn't stop the lust I was feeling for him. His lips brushed against mine. His hands snaked around my back and put me closer to him. I shouldn't feel this way. I barely know him! But I wanted him. The kiss barely started when he suddenly became rigid and walked several feet away from me. I was about to ask what was wrong when I see Brad walk in.

Yes! Two chapters in one day! New record! I hope you like this chapter! Comment vote and add to your library! ✌