Chapter 11

Conner's POV

I was ripping out some rogue's throat when they began to retreat. That's right bitches. I shifted into my human form and looked around for Lexi. "Lexi?"

I've begun to panic. Where the heck is she? "Lexi!" I ran towards the edge of the cliff where I last saw her.

I look down and I instantly froze. "Lexi!" I called, but she wasn't moving. I climbed down the cliff and went to Lexi's side.

She was in a pool of blood. She had a huge gash on her forehead. The wolf must've broken her fall or else she'd be dead. I gently picked her up. "You'll be okay," I whispered in her ear.

I ran back to the pack house. I burst through the doors and yelled, "We need a doctor!" The person I'd least expect to turn around was Brad.

Why was he here? I looked back to Lexi's lifeless, naked body in my arms. Then back to Brad. Shit, he's mad.

"What the hell happened?" Brad exclaimed. He tried taking Lexi from my arms but I stopped him.

"There's no time for arguing, she's losing alot of blood."

"Give her to me."

"Like you give a shit about her?" I asked angrily.

"She's my mate," he said looking equally angry.

Submit, I heard his voice in my head. I had to fight it though.

Submit. It was now becoming painful.

Submit.

I groaned and slowly gave him Lexi. I kissed her forehead lightly, not caring if Brad was watching.

Brad ran up to the pack doctor and I sat heavily on the couch. I couldn't relax knowing Lexi was hurt and it was my fault. I should've been right beside her.

Brad came back downstairs and stood in front of me. "Explain," he said through gritted teeth.

"Well I thought Lexi would want some fresh air, so I decided—"

"And look where that fresh air got her!"

I ignored his comment and continued. "I decided to have a picnic. It seemed like it would relax—"

"It seemed like?! What you did almost killed her!"

"You don't think I know that?!" I took a deep breath to calm myself. "Let me just finish explaining. We ran over to a cliff and began to have our picnic. But then, I hear something and five rogues come out.  I told Lexi to leave but instead she fought next to me. I—"

"Why didn't you make sure she left?!"

"Why don't you stop interrupting me, god dammit! Yes! I know! Everything is my fault! But what I still don't understand is why you care about her at all! From what she told me, you treat her like crap!"

"Shut up! You don't know what I think about her!"

"Really? Is that why she's scared of you?"

"I said shut up!" He tried to punch me but I blocked it and punched him as hard as I could.

"That's for Lexi." I started to walk upstairs then came back to say, "When you say 'I am her mate', that's just insult to yourself."

I heard Brad growl. Then I was tackled to the ground. Brad begun punching me multiple times in the gut. I groaned and punched him in the nose, trying to make it break. Other pack members had to break us up before we killed each other.

I threw myself on the couch, barely able to walk. I wrapped my arms around my stomach. Gasping for breath, I turned my head to see Brad walking upstairs.

Brad POV

Well, my face hurts. Conner's lucky I didn't kill him.

I walked to Lexi's temporary room. She had to stay there so the nurse can see her anytime.

I opened the door and slowly closed it. Lexi looked like she was sleeping. But she wasn't. She was put into a coma from the loss of blood.

I gently grabbed her hand with mine.

I know I've been a douche to her lately but something about being away from her made my heart hurt. That's why I came back early. For Lexi. Instead, I get Conner and an unconscious Lexi, who I hope will wake up.

And what am I to do with Conner? He should be banished from this pack. Although, Lexi would hate that. I groaned. I'll deal with Conner later. Now, I just need to focus on Lexi to wake up, and soon.

Until then, all I can do is wait. I gently kissed her forehead.

I mumbled nothing but sweet things to her. "I love you, Lexi."

And chapter 11 is here! Whoop whoop! Sorry if I had some of you waiting in suspense. (Hee hee. I like that word. SUSPENSE!) I hope you guys like this chapter! What do you think about Brad now? Do you think Conner and Lexi will last?

I have 2K readers now! Thank you guys!

Don't forget to FOLLOW me, COMMENT about what you think, and VOTE!!!

...please :)    ✌