Chapter 8

Me and Conner were playing air hockey again. And again, I won.

"In your face!" I laughed at Conner.

"Whatever. I let you win."

"Someone's a sore loser!" I said still laughing. "Gonna go cry to mommy?"

"Now that's it!" he said laughing evilly. He picked me up.

"Conner! What are you doing?" I asked him, still laughing. Conner threw me on the couch.

"Take that back!" He said, pinning my arms down.

"Don't make me shift to my wolf!"

"I'm so scared," he said sarcastically.

"Conner!"

"Lexi!" he mimicked me. He then put all his weight on me.

"Conner, you weigh a ton!"

"I won't get off you until you say those four words."

"Fine! Since you're breaking my back! I take it back!" He got off me.

"Extra points for the rhyme."

"That wasn't a rhyme. I just said back twice," I pointed out.

"You must be pretty tired if you didn't think that was a rhyme." He looked at the clock. "It's almost midnight. We should get some sleep."

I sighed. Then I hear someone open the door. I felt his breath on the back of my neck. His arms wrapped around my waist. He said, "I can't wait to see you in my room." Then he left.

I was left standing there. Frozen.

"I can see why you don't want to go to sleep," said Conner.

I slowly nodded my head. "There isn't another place I can sleep?"

He shook his head. "Sorry."

.

.

.

I hesitated before opening the door. Please don't do anything tonight. Just for one night. Please...

I opened it. Brad was already in bed, his eyes on my body. I had to fight the urge to slap him.

I noticed that I've been wearing the same clothes for a while. "Um, do you have any clothes I can wear?"

"No."

"Not even pajamas?"

"No."

"Okay then," I mumbled.

I was about to get into bed when he said, "I'm not gonna let you get into bed with dirty clothes."

"Okay, I'll just sleep on the floor."

"Not on the floor either."

"Well you won't give me clothes!" I said, pretty ticked off. "What do you want new to wear?"

"Nothing." he smirked.

"You f*cking pervert!"

"Fine. I'll take them off for you if you don't want to."

"Shut up," I mumbled.

It was about an hour of just arguing back and forth until I felt so tired I could fall asleep standing up. I gave in.

I turned off the light so he wouldn't be able to see me well. I got under the blankets and turned away from him. I felt his arms wrapped around my waist, bringing me closer to his chest. Please don't do anything.

After a while, I heard his soft snores. I sighed in relief. I tried to go to sleep, but the fear of him right next to me kept me awake. Sleep, I told myself. Sleep...

.

.

.

I woke up the next morning feeling a bit tired but refreshed. I noticed that Brad left. Good.

I looked around the room for my clothes. They weren't there. Brad must've taken them. That jerk!

I wrapped the blanket around me and opened the door. Fortunately, Conner was there.

"Conner!"

He looked at me and a smile was instantly on his face. "Hey Lexi. Why are you—"

"Long story. Listen, do you know where to get clothes?"

"Yeah but you're going to have to come with me to sign some stuff."

"Ugh!" I couldn't go down their! Especially wearing nothing but a blanket! Sadly, I had no choice. "Fine."

We walked down the first floor and that is when everyone began looking at me. They were snickering behind my back and laughing.

We went to a window where this lady sold you clothes. I heard Conner talking to her but I couldn't make out what he was saying over the comments everyone else was making about me.

"Is that the new style now?"

"Why don't you take that off?"

"She's probably scrawny!"

"Let's look and see!"

I gripped the blanket tightly. "Just ignore them," Conner told me.

"I'm trying to," I said through gritted teeth.

"Take it off!"

"Take it off!"

Just ignore them. Ignore them.

"Didn't you hear us?" asked this one guy coming toward me. "We said take it off!" At that exact moment, he grabbed my blanket and ripped it off me.

"HEY!" yelled Conner.

I screamed as I fell to the floor, angry tears coming out of my eyes. My body was now bare. They were all laughing. Even Brad.

Conner picked me up, bridal style, and tried to cover my body with his. I buried my face in his chest. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Brad, no longer laughing but staring with no expression on his face.

The next thing I know, I'm in Conner's room in his bed. I hug my knees and cry softly.

"Forget getting clothes," Conner said. "You can wear some of mine." He gave me a shirt that was big on me and boxers.

"Thanks," I mumbled while wiping tears from my eyes.

I hurried into the bathroom and put them on. I come back out and see Conner looking lost in thought. I sit next to him on the bed.

He smiled at me. "I'm sorry you had to go through that."

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault."

"But it was! If I would've stopped him, I would've saved you from embarrassment!"

"But your the one who helped me and tried to shield my body! So its not your fault!"

"But I—"

I don't know what made me do it, but I kissed him. Maybe it was to shut him up. Or maybe because I wanted to. Whatever the case, he kissed me back. His arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to his body. I had to say, I loved his kisses. All too soon, though, the kiss was over. We were breathing heavily. He looked at me and smiled a bit. I did too. His hand caressed my cheek.

"Lexi... I love you."

Another chapter! Whoop whoop! What do you guys think of Lexi and Conner? I hope you guys like this chapter!

BTW, check out my other book My Disgraced Alpha!

Don't forget to comment and vote!  Tell me what you guys think! ✌