My Abusive Mate

I was walking to school. I just wanted this day to be over already. Tomorrow was my birthday, which meant that I would finally meet my mate. I wanted him to be kind and sweet and loving and gentle.

I see the school coming closer. I was basically a nobody. I had only one friend. She's really nice. I'm not exactly sure how we became friends but it's not like I'm complaining. One friend is all I need to get through high school.

I walked into my English classroom and sat down. It slowly began to be filled with kids as soon as the bell rang.

"Okay class. Today I will be your substitute teacher and as it says on the board, all you need to do today is read so go get your books."

All of the books were on one giant bookshelf. I waited for the crowd to die down as I went to get my book. As I was going towards the bookshelf, I was about to pass this really cute guy. His name was Brad. He's the alpha of our pack. I tried making eye contact with him but his eyes completely skidded over mine to another girl's. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. She's way prettier than me. Compared to her, I feel like a bag of dirt.

But that will change tomorrow, my wolf reminded me. That thought gave me hope. That I might not be so ugly in his eyes as I apparently did in everyone else's. Yet there's always a possibility that he could reject me. I tried not to linger on that thought too long. But it scared me to be rejected by my mate. That if I was rejected then that meant I was truly a nobody.

.

.

.

It was finally lunch time and I found a seat next to Carie. She began talking about school and how a boy talked to her but truth be told, I wasn't really listening, caught up in my own worries.

Carie realized I wasn't listening and asked, "What's wrong, Lexi? Your birthday is tomorrow! You should be happy!"

"I'm trying to be."

"Then what's the problem?"

"What if he rejects me? What if he hates me because I'm a nobody? Because I'm ugly?" I felt tears sting my eyes.

"Well first off, you are not ugly. Second off, if he rejects you then I'll kick his *ss for being so stupid. Then I'll tell him that he's going to miss out on a wonderful, nice and pretty girl who's fun to hang out with." She finished with a nod of her head. I laughed and so did she.

"Thanks for making me feel better."

"No prob." She turned her head to the side and turned back to me. "Um, Jay's calling me over. I don't have to go. I mean I can stay here with you and-"

"It's fine," I said with a reassuring smile. "Go ahead. I think I'll just go to class early."

"Okay," she said with a exasperated sigh. She gave me a hug then left.

I began my way towards my next class. Jay was Carie's mate. I found it sweet how they always hold hands.

Maybe tomorrow I'll find my mate who'll love me for who I am. Maybe... just maybe.

Hey guys! I hope you like this new book I'm writing! Comment and tell me if you like it so far! Vote so I know you do like the book. And of course, add to your library! Comment vote add!!!!