Chapter 36

I woke up to my mate next to me.  A perfect sight. His arms were wrapped around my waist holding me firmly against his chest. He was snoring softly. It had to be around eight in the morning. I was surprised he was still in bed. Usually he got up earlier to do whatever alphas do. I didn't really concern myself with that. Not that I didn't care. It was mostly paperwork, making sure our pack's territory is protected from rogues, etcetera.

I managed to memorize some of the packs we have treaties with and the ones that are our enemies. We had a treaty with a pack all the way across the country. I didn't find how that was useful since if we ever needed help, they'd be too far away. Although, there's a pack only two hours away from here that we have a treaty with.

They'll come in handy if the rouges attack. They haven't been spotted for a while, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I doubt they decided to just leave us alone.

I felt the bed moving and I turned to face Brad. "It's about time you're awake," I joked. I actually wouldn't mind if I spent all day in bed with Brad.

"How long have you been up?" he asked while stretching.

"Not long," I said getting comfortable next to him.

"We should get up now," he said pushing the blankets off himself.

"What, why?" I whined. "Just stay here a bit longer."

"You know I'd love to, but we have some guests coming over today." He got off the bed and walked to his dresser looking for some clothes.

"Guests?" I asked getting up.

"Yeah, from the Blue Moon pack. The alpha and luna are going to be visiting. It's just going to be a quick meeting," he said. "After its over, we can spend all day her if you want."

He didn't give me a chance to respond as he walked over to my side of the bed and kissed me. It left me dazed so all I said was, "Okay."

He grabbed his clothes and a towel and walked over to the bathroom. "If you want to join me in the shower..." he suggested.

"No, I'm good," I said finally being able to muster some words. He gave a chuckle and closed the door.

The Blue Moon pack, they're the ones that's two hours from here. They're probably going to discuss the situation at hand.

I got up from bed and decided to get ready. I wasn't sure whether to wear fancy clothes since I was going to meet the alpha and luna of another pack. I wanted to impress them, but I didn't want to look like I was trying too hard.

I went with some casual clothes instead. Brad was already downstairs. I began walking down the stairs when I hear someone knock on the door. Brad opened the door as soon as I got to his side.

In the doorway stood a man who looked to be in his 30s next to who I assumed to be his wife. The were a very good looking couple, that was expected. What I wasn't expecting was a little boy standing in the middle of them.

"Hello, Micheal," Brad greeted the alpha as he invited him inside. "and Lilian."

They shared their hellos while I awkwardly stood there next to Brad. I wasn't sure whether to call him Alpha Micheal or just Michael. He was older than me and that would be more formal, but Brad didn't bother with titles, but yet again, he was an alpha.

"I'm guessing this is your mate," Michael gestured towards me.

"Hello," I greeted all of them.

We went and sat down on the couch.

"I wasn't expecting you to bring your son," Brad stated.

"We weren't planning to but we figured if he's going to be the future alpha, he might as well get used to traveling," Lilian responded.

The little boy was sitting down next to his mother. "How old is he," I asked.

"He's 4 years old. His name is Daniel." Daniel smiled when he heard his name be said.

"Do you want anything, Daniel?" I asked him.

He seemed shy, so Lilian answered for him. "Thank you for offering but...". It looked like she was going to deny my offer when Micheal spoke out.

"What's the harm in letting him have a small snack?"

"Alright then, go ahead Daniel," she said and motioned him to go with me.

We began walking to the kitchen. "So Danny," he giggled when I called him that, " what would you like? We have chocolate chip cookies and oreos..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I decided to introduce some characters that will be in the second book ;) hope you like this chapter!