Chapter 40 ~Epilogue

Brad pov

Every moment was dull. Every movement was hollow. That's what I was. I was hollow. I wasn't sure how much time had passed. I killed so many rogues it became a blur. But I knew that wasn't all of them.

Farbara is dead. My pack members hunted her and caught her. When I saw her, I was more animal than human.

*flashback*

Farbara was tied to a chair in the prison. My wolf wanted nothing more than to kill her, but I need answers from her first.

"Where are the others?" My voice echoed off the walls and added to just how angry I was.

Farbara was in pretty bad condition already. But she still had the nerve to smile.

"Well you got what you wanted, didn't you? Lexi's—" it still hurt to say it out loud, "dead because of you!" I had to swallow the bitter taste in my mouth.

"I know," she said cruelly, "I killed her." Before I had time to react—badly might I add— she said, "But I didn't get what I want. Lexi's death was just part of the equation. What I really wanted was after, although you didn't give me time to search for it."

I hated how she had me intrigued by this conversation. This can very well be a distraction but I needed to hear what she had to say.

"I was hoping—" she continued, "that the location of the item would magically be told to me after she died. Turns out you gotta find it yourself." She gave a humorless laugh. "Now you're about to kill me and all of my efforts were for nothing," she sneered.

A dangerous thought occurred to me. Farbara is the key to opening whatever box or item this is. If I find it, I can get her to open it. She's in my prison after all, she can't escape. But still... I didn't want Lexi's murderer still alive. I guess it all depends on what the item is.

"What is it?" I ground out through gritted teeth. She gave me a confused stare. "What became unlocked after Lexi's death? What is the item?"

She became quiet for a while, her face expressionless. Then in a low voice she asked, "Is the baby alive?"

If I wasn't good at hiding my emotions then I would've been shocked. "Why do you care?"

"You want me to answer your question? Then answer mine," she harshly stated.

"Yes." Farbara raised an eyebrow. "She's alive."

She gave a wicked smile. "Well isn't that grand..."

"Now answer my quest—" Before I can process what she's doing, she sticks out her tongue and bites down on it hard. It ripped completely out of her mouth. She was choking on her own blood and she was losing it fast. I didn't react. I let it happen.

*end flashback*

Whatever that item is, she didn't want me to know about and would rather take her own life. I only wish I brought her more pain before she died.

She still has followers out there. Maybe one of them knows the answer. And I need to kill them. I need to venture out farther than my pack territory. I began packing clothes in a backpack. I intended to go off by myself.

A knock on the door brought me out of my thoughts.

"Alpha?" The door opened and Alex, my beta, stood in the door way.

"What?" I growled.

He let out a sigh. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to kill the rest of the rogues."

"How long are you going to be gone?" he growled.

"Watch your tone!" I growled back. "I'll be gone a month, maybe more."

"Brad," he used my name this time instead of my title. I decided to let it slide this time. "You can't leave your pack that long without an alpha. It'll be chaos and we might all end up as rogues.

I closed the backpack and clutched it tightly. "I need to do this."

"No you don't!" Alex was really losing his temper now. "I'll tell you what you need to do! You need to go see your daughter, Brad. You haven't even visited her once! She doesn't even have a name!"

I couldn't stop the broken sob that came out of me, a broken man without a mate.

"I'm sorry—" Alex began walking closer but I put up a hand to stop him.

"It's fine." I plopped down on the bed. "You're right," I said sounding defeated. "I'm just thinking irrationally."

A small silence.

"I'm proud of you, Alpha." Alex slowly said. "Not many people make it as far as you when their mate dies. They usually die soon after."

Another silence.

"I'll leave you to yourself." And with that, Alex left the room.

I got up from my bed and headed to the infirmary wear they were keeping my child. I enter and there she was, sleeping soundly in her crib. I gave a smile as I picked her up in my arms. She was so small. Already, I loved her and would do anything to protect her. But first, I just needed to enjoy this moment between us. Between me and my daughter, Ira.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And that's it guys! This is officially the end of this book. But don't delete this story just yet! This is the only way I can notify you guys when the sequel comes up.

Thank you everybody for the name suggestions and I will use them as characters throughout the next book.

Thanks for sticking around til the end, I really appreciate it :)

*now off to write the sequel!*

(。・з・。)ノ♡

3/1/14 — 1/17/17