Chapter 28

They decided to head to a hotpot restaurant in town for dinner, taking Yeji's car there as it was already mid-November and the weather showed no signs of getting warmer with winter right around the corner.

"Yuna-ya," Ryujin said endearingly, placing her arm over Yuna's shoulders while holding the menu up in front of her. "Get anything you want. Tonight, Jisu unnie and Yeji unnie will be treating us."

"Eh?? We are?" Yeji asked, confused as to when she had agreed to do so.

"Of course!" Ryujin answered with a smirk on her face. "We need to celebrate you getting unsuspended!"

"And what does that have to do with me?" Jisu responded coldly, irritated that she was getting brought into this.

"Unnie, you were the reason Yeji unnie got suspended in the first place," Chaeryeong said, trying to hold back her laughter in fear that Jisu would flick her forehead again.

Jisu could only sigh, though deep down she had to admit that Chaeryeong was right.

And with the peace of mind that the two older friends were going to be the ones paying for this meal, Ryujin, Yuna and Chaeryeong didn't hold back, ordering everything that sparked even the slightest interest for them to want to try.

It didn't take long for a large pot of broth to be brought out to their table, placed carefully over the electrical stove that was already built into their table, along with all the plates of raw vegetables, meatballs, seafood, and of course fresh thinly sliced beef and pork.

"You guys went way overboard on this," Jisu scolded, directing her eyes towards Ryujin who was the catalyst to the mess that was their table being fully covered by plates of food.

"Don't worry, I'm sure Ryujin and Yuna can finish this," Yeji chimed in with a smile on her face. 

It was always a small joy of hers to make sure her friends were well fed, even if it mean that she was the one paying, and with the amount of food they had ordered tonight, it was going to be a hefty bill for sure. But Yeji didn't mind if it meant they were happy.

"Hwang Yeji stop encouraging their behavior," Jisu turned her glare towards the silver haired girl, causing Yeji to chuckle, followed by the others too.

It wasn't that Jisu was worried about paying because she really wasn't. She just didn't like the idea of over ordering and leaving the restaurant with unfinished food still on the table, and she was sure they weren't gonna finish all that was in front of them. 

After the broth inside the pot had started to boil, they proceeded to feast, with both Ryujin and Yuna stuffing their mouths to the brim with food as they usually did, while the other 3 took their time to enjoy their meal, occasionally chatting about topics they would randomly bring up. 

"Oh, unnie, what did coach actually say to you? When she called you into her office?" Yuna asked, momentarily pausing herself from continuously putting food into her mouth like a squirrel stuffing chestnuts into their cheeks.

Come to think of it, Yeji hadn't told them yet. 

She had been so excited from being allowed to play basketball once more that it completely glossed over her mind to let her friends know what her and her coach had conversed about.

"Yeah, it was kinda sudden wasn't it? That she let you play again? I was honestly expecting your suspension to last longer," Ryujin chimed in.

"Uhm ... apparently a certain someone went to talk to coach, ehem," Yeji flashed a warm smile, her eyes forming crescents, in the direction of Jisu, who had been staying quiet since the topic was brought up, silently sipping the hot broth from her bowl, as if she wasn't a part of this conversation.