Chapter 7

The following week was uneventful to say the least.

Chaeryeong was caught up with her dance classes, along with the additional practice that came from being in the dance club, not to mention as the teams co-leader with her older sister, Chaeyeon, she shouldered more responsibility than the others. Assignments also began piling up as psychology essays and reports followed one after another. 

Yeji, Yuna, and Ryujin were busy preparing for the upcoming game they had on Thursday, their first game together and the first match of the year. 

The three along with Tzuyu and Doyeon decided that having practice only 4 times a week was not enough. So on top of the normal practices they had, the 5 would meet every evening without fail, often practicing until late at night. 

Yeji as team captain guided them each extra training session they had, teaching them the plays they were going to run for their upcoming game, explaining every positioning, every formation, the number of options they had if they were to get stuck, all the way to back-up plans in case they were having difficulty. 

They ended every session with each of them shooting over a hundred three pointers, something Yeji heavily emphasized they needed to be able to do for their strategy to work. 

As exhausted as they were, as much as their arms and leg muscles were screaming in pain, none of them complained. 

They knew it was necessary and they knew it was beneficial for them. 

They also knew they wanted to win, and they were willing to put in the work needed to do so.

Jisu had her hands full with her fashion classes, spending more and more time in the studio sketching out designs and outfits, handling fabrics, using the sewing machine, all to build up her portfolio. 

Jisu was also slowly building up her network of connections, developing relationships with people in the fashion industry, a suggestion made by her professor, Jennie Kim, who was also a renowned fashion designer. 

Every night she would spend an hour or so writing emails, attaching her lookbooks in them, and sending them to the people Professor Kim had suggested.

However, despite their busy schedules, they never failed to save time to spend with one another, aside from the three athletes who met up every day. 

Chaeryeong would sometimes meet with the three after practice was over to grab dinner together. 

Yuna and Ryujin would occasionally meet Jisu at the coffee shop late in the morning, whether it was intentional or purely coincidental. 

Chaeryeong shared a class with Jisu as well so they were bound to see each other. 

The only problem was that when Jisu was around, it meant Yeji wouldn't be and when Yeji was around, Jisu was nowhere to be found.

After that night at the smoke bridge, Yeji had thought she was well on her way to fixing things between her and Jisu. 

Even Ryujin, Chaeryeong and Yuna were hopeful enough after being told by both Yeji and Jisu about what had transpired between the two that night.

But it proved to be more difficult than Yeji had thought. 

Yeji would sometimes text Jisu, asking her to meet whether it was between classes, in the morning, or late at night again, only to be left on read by the shorter girl. 

As much as Yeji was a genius in basketball, when it came to relationships and her love life, she was far from it. S

he even began to wonder whether that night had actually happened, considering the possibility that was just a dream she had.