Chapter 38

"A-Are you sure this looks fine?" Yeji asked Chaeryeong and Ryujin as she looked at her own reflection in the mirror, doing a little twirl every now and then, unsure whether the white suit she was wearing along with the black turtle neck on the inside was good enough.

"You look fine unnie!" Chaeryeong complimented, though there was a hint of impatience in her voice as this was already the 7th time Yeji had asked the same question.

It was the 24th of December, the night of Christmas eve, and Chaeryeong, Ryujin, and Yeji were at the youngest of the three's apartment, getting ready for the Christmas Ball that they were pretty much already late for, as the event was scheduled to start at 7 p.m., and it was already 7:06.

It had been a week since winter break started, and while there were a few students that had gone home to spend Christmas and New Years with their families, school felt like it hadn't skipped a beat with the number of students that chose to stay on campus.

And while classrooms remained empty, academic halls and buildings and public facilities such as the gym, the pool, the library and many more were still packed with young adults enjoying the festivities of the holidays, celebrating making it through their first semester of the school year, all the while admiring the grand Christmas decorations that were annually placed up all over school grounds, further pulling them into the holiday spirit.

And that didn't exclude the 5 girls, who were all completely entranced by the festive mood that surrounded their favourite time of the year after a grueling last week of school that was filled with exams, projects, and for the 3 athletes, the last 2 games of the season before the Winter C.U.P.

Thankfully, they were all able to end the semester on surprisingly high notes, each of them comfortably passing their classes with little to no hitch other than having to sacrifice a few nights of sleep to study.

Furthermore, Jisu's fashion professor was so impressed by the girl's portfolio of the work Jisu had done the last few months that she went ahead and sent the student's collection to her colleagues which consisted some of the most prolific names in the Korean fashion industry, while Chaeryeong's dance club successfully passed the auditions for a survival show which was to commence sometime in the first few months of next year.

On the other hand, Yeji, Ryujin and Yuna ended their semester by winning their last 2 games, becoming the only team in history to record a single loss for the entire season, and were now officially qualified for the Winter C.U.P that was taking place as soon as the first week of January began, once classes started again, where the top 16 colleges of the nation were set to compete for the crown.

And ever since their break started, the 5 have been pretty much spending time together almost every day, whether it was taking little trips to the coffee shop, or just lazing around in one of their apartments for the entire day. Whatever activity they chose to do, it didn't matter, as long as they did it together.

And tonight was no different.

"Come on, we're late already! We still need to go pick Yuna and Jisu unnie up," Chaeryeong hurriedly said, urging both Yeji and Ryujin to move faster.

"I still don't get why we couldn't just all get ready in the same place. Like why did we have to get changed separately?" Ryujin asked, as she took a quick and final look in the mirror, making sure her hair was neat and her white long sleeved jumpsuit was buttoned up correctly.

"Don't look at me. It was her idea," Yeji replied, gesturing at Chaeryeong who was also making sure that there were no creases or dirt and dust on her white blazer that doubled down as a short dress.

"Guys I've answered this so many times already," Chaeryeong let out a quick sigh. "Yeji unnie wasn't here for our high school prom, and we don't know when else we'd get the chance to do something even remotely close to it again. I just want her to get the full experience of it, you know? From picking her date up, to driving her there, and then later dancing together... It's only fair that Yeji unnie gets to experience it too. And in a way, Jisu unnie as well."