Chapter 26

Present

Yeji finished recalling the events that happened, though obviously omitting the part where she had her first kiss with Jisu. That memory was precious and she wanted to keep that between the two for now.

By the time she had finished, everyone was noticeably feeling down in some sort of way.

Both Yuna and Chaeryeong were on the verge of tears, upset that the eldest had to go through something so horrible, while Ryujin was incredibly furious, her eyebrows furrowing and her eyes seething with rage and anger, and if looks could kill, hers definitely could at that moment.

"I'm going to fucking kill him," Ryujin muttered out, her fist clenched so tight that her knuckles had began to turn white.

Jisu on the other hand, sat in silence, head down, ashamed to even look at the girl sitting right by her. 

Out of everyone in the room, she felt the most guilt and pain after hearing Yeji's story.

After all, she was the closest to Soobin among everyone there, yet she was most oblivious to the horrible things the boy has done, especially to someone as important to her as Yeji.

And before she even realized, single teardrops had began trickling down, gliding across her cheeks and falling onto her pants, causing little damp spots to appear.

"Hey...," Yeji spoke with the softest voice she could while reaching her hand out, gently placing it right on top of Jisu's head, patting it lightly. "There's no need to cry, Jisu-ya..."

Through the sobbing, Jisu managed to respond.

"W-why didn't you tell me? ... Or any of us?" she asked, still not brave enough to look up and into Yeji's eyes.

Jisu was too embarrassed after learning that she was the one that caused Yeji so much pain and so much hurt. Even almost destroying Yeji's basketball dreams.

Yeji moved her hand underneath Jisu's chin, and with as little force as she could, lifted Jisu's head, so that she could look into the shorter girl's glossy eyes.

"It's okay, Jisu. It's in the past now. There's no point in dwelling on it," Yeji flashed a warm smile at Jisu, hoping it would comfort the girl.

Upon meeting Yeji's cat-like gaze that was so tender and soft in that moment, Jisu couldn't help but burst out in tears, no longer doing what she could to hold it back.

How many more times was the silver haired girl going to get hurt because of her? Jisu thought to herself.

And so Jisu did the only thing she wanted to do in that moment, the only thing her heart yearned for, which was to scoot as close as she could to Yeji, before sliding her arms to wrap Yeji's waist while burying her face into the neck of the silver haired girl, hugging the older girl as tight as she could.

"I'm so sorry." Jisu managed to whisper, and while the others couldn't hear it, Yeji did.

Yeji wrapped her arms around Jisu as well, gently rubbing the smaller girls back in an attempt to calm her down while gently whispering into Jisu's ears.

"It's okay. It's okay. It's okay."

"...What now?" Yuna asked.

Everyone in the room fell silent at that question, before Yeji spoke up first.

"There is no what now, Yuna-ya," Yeji said calmly.

"Unnie! What do you mean??" Ryujin exclaimed, standing up, though Yuna was quick to grab Ryujin's hand, in hopes to calm her girlfriend down.