Chapter 31

What Yeji didn't know was that the moment Soobin's fingers had even ever so slightly grazed Jisu's cheeks, the shorter girl had immediately slapped his hand away.

"Don't you dare touch me," Jisu scowled, her teeth gritting hard. "And don't you dare touch my friends again."

Soobin's arm defeatedly fell to the side of his body. Both his fists were clenched tight, his knuckles turning noticeably white.

Suddenly, a voice spoke from behind the boy,  a voice that although wasn't entirely familiar to Jisu, was still recognizable.

"You should leave, Soobin."

It was Kim Jisoo.

The boy turned around to glare at the senior student, clicking his tongue in irritation at the sight of the older girl, his apologetic attitude towards Jisu completely shifting into displeasure and annoyance at the unexpected interference.

But Jisoo wasn't fazed by this, as she continued to stand her ground.

"Didn't you hear what I said?" Jisoo crossed her arms nonchalantly. "I said you should leave."

The boy didn't want to, not until Jisu forgave him, but unfortunately for Soobin, the situation was stacked against him.

Because if he were to cause some sort of scene again especially right then and there, considering how big the crowd was in the gymnasium, it was certainly going to lead to even bigger consequences than the fight on Halloween night did. And Soobin was sure his father wouldn't be too pleased with having to bail out his son a second time.

Which is why Soobin reluctantly walked away, gently brushing against Jisu's shoulders before leaving the scene and out of the two girl's sights, to both their pleasures.

With the boy now gone, Jisu turned her attention to the girl in front of her who had already taken a few steps forward towards her.

"I-I had that under control," Jisu muttered out, causing the older girl to chuckle lightly.

"I know you did," the older girl said while flashing a sarcastic smile. "But Yeji wouldn't be too happy if she knew I saw you and Soobin talking without intervening, now would she?"

Jisu's ears instinctively perked up at the mention of the silver haired girl's name, which in turn sparked a short memory from the night of the fight, when Jisoo had come over to help her and Yeji only for Jisu to slap the older girl's hand away.

"Relax! I'm on your side, now let me help!"

The older girl's words echoed inside Jisu's mind, bouncing around the interior of her head. 

She had been meaning to ask Jisoo what she meant the very night of Halloween, but with Yeji revealing the story of what Soobin had done to her in the past, it must've slipped away from Jisu's mind.

But now, with the senior standing in front of her, it was finally her chance to ask.

"H-hey, can I ask you something? ... W-What's Yeji to you?" Jisu questioned, noticeably trying to appear more intimidating, only for her words to come out slightly stuttering, causing her to secretly bite her tongue in embarrassment. 

She couldn't forget, after all, that this was the girl that had tried to hit on Yeji up until Halloween, and though the older girl did appear to be trying to help right now, Jisu didn't want to appear weak or seem like an easy pushover. She wasn't sure if she could trust her yet.

Jisoo was admittedly a little shocked by the question, but a part of her did expect that the younger girl would ask this soon enough, which was why she unknowingly and unintentionally snickered in response.