Chapter 12

To say that Yeji was surprised when she woke up was a drastic understatement.

The moment she flickered her eyes open, the thin rays of sunshine seeping through the tiny slits from the window blinds, she was greeted with Jisu's peaceful expression, deep in slumber as a thin streak of saliva had begun to drool from the corner of her mouth.

Yeji was about to jolt backwards only to stop herself just milliseconds before her body was able to react, worried that her sudden movements would cause Jisu to wake up, which she definitely didn't want to do considering how well Jisu appeared to be sleeping.

She laid there for a moment, turning to look up at her ceiling, trying her best to recall the events of last night, only to come up blank, her last recollection being her conversation with Hyunjin.

Yeji covered her face in embarrassment, worried that she might have done something she didn't intend to do and said something that shouldn't have been said, praying that nothing too bad happened last night.

But if Jisu of all people was sleeping on her bed, less than a few centimeters apart from her, something must have happened, though Yeji couldn't determine whether it was good or bad just yet.

Not wanting to lay there in anxiousness and let her mind run amuck, Yeji sat up only to be hit hard with arguably the worst hangover she had ever gotten, her head pulsing harder than even her own heartbeat, causing her to let out a soft groan and mentally reminding herself not to ever drink so much, or so fast, in one go.

Yeji turned to look at Jisu who didn't seem to be bothered at all by Yeji's movements, eyes still tightly shut, her mouth just slightly opened.

She sat there for a minute, wondering how someone could look so good just sleeping, holding back her urge to just kiss Jisu right then and there.

She scanned her room, trying to look for where she had placed her phone last night, spotting it beside Jisu's phone on her desk.

Yeji carefully got out of bed, climbing gently and as carefully as she could over Jisu, leaving the sleeping beauty untouched and unbothered, before making her way to the table, picking up her phone.

9:21 huh.

It was much later than she had thought, considering she would usually be awake by 7 to head to the gym or the court for a workout. 

But it was fine. 

It's the weekends after all and the only schedule Yeji had for the day was basketball practice in the afternoon.

She scrolled through the notifications she had gotten, before tapping on a message Chaeryeong had sent.

Hi unnie, in case you see this in the morning, Jisu took you home last night. Don't worry, you didn't do anything too dumb. ❤️

Yeji found it cute how Chaeryeong could read her mind like that, knowing full well that Yeji would wake up concerned and worried that she might have done something she would regret.

She began typing up a reply, only to be sent another text by Chaeryeong.

I can see you typing, you're up early unnie.

Chaeryeong's comments brought out a chuckle from the older girl as she continued typing before tapping the send button.

Hey Chaeryeong, thanks for letting me know, uhm ... do you know why Jisu is in my bed?

Yeji wasn't sure if she should have asked, considering how they would definitely tease the two about it until the end of time, but she also thought that maybe they knew what had happened over night, and Yeji was rather desperate to find out why her ex, the person who she thought hated her, was here in her room, sleeping on her bed.