02

Modern and clean, that was KSI. The future, if you will. Many companies try to sell style, but Kinetic Solutions Incorporated took it to a whole new level. After the Battle of Chicago and the subsequent cleanup, the company grew bigger and bigger and now, on the verge of dominating the entire world's technology market with cutting-edge technology for the consumer market.

'The past is history. The present is the past. The future is today.' KSI's motto and heard, read, felt or perceived at every corner.

Greeted, much more welcomed, Attinger and Brady were greeted by three women in short black dresses who might as well have been runway models, and a man in a suit as soon as they both exited. 'Welcome to Kinetic Solutions Incorporated, Mister Joyce will be with you in a moment,' and after several drinks were offered to them, a man with a bald head and glasses arrived.

"Yes, they are all beautiful and you think that every single man is only interested in them because they are beautiful. One thing you forget Mister Joyce though, they want you to be interested in them because they are them. The only problem is, apart from their beauty, none of them seems particularly interesting. One among many. As a result, many are rude, dismissive, cold, grumpy, or just plain, closed off. They want someone who is willing to see behind all that, who discovers the real person. But the only reason anyone should bother to look behind is because they're beautiful," Brady said as she walked alongside Attinger, spotting nothing but young, pretty girls everywhere the three of them had gone so far, since Joyce had insisted on a little tour because it was her first time here at KSI, "Irony of fate. Or how do you see it Mister Joyce?"

"Wow, I don't know whether to be offended or impressed with you Miss O'Neill. Probably both," Joyce replied and there it was, the lasting impression, because sometimes, even a negative impression, can be quite positive, "I take it you have a lot of fun with her. Where did you get her?"

"Relationships," Attinger kept it short, for which Brady was grateful, "Now tell us what's so pressing?"

First of all, she wasn't a commodity, Brady thought at Joyce's words, but a human being. Not an object that could be purchased anywhere. Yet that's exactly what KSI fully embodied. Everything is for sale.

Now it was also clear why Attinger said Brady should come along. Someone like Joyce, was not used to assistants, opening their mouths, because in his eyes, they were only there to schedule appointments and be the nice face at the reception. Without getting to know her personally, so that in the future the CIA worker wouldn't have to talk to the company boss himself whenever there was something going on, she was just an assistant, but now, that might have become a substitute.