20

By the time Brady arrived at the CIA, everything had long been in full swing. All the computers had booted up; individual screens indicated they were waiting for transmission or showed maps, charts or a listing of unimportant numbers that were nice for the files but not for the operation itself. The connection would be up in a few minutes, said a man looking from a tablet at two monitors.

"Hey, that one there, I don't want it. That's where the footage is supposed to be," more than once Brady flicked to the large monitor on the far right outside and raised his hands questioningly because nothing changed, "Hello? Guys, come on. Can somebody please, get this nonsense out of my way? Nobody needs that."

"It's all parameters and calculations," one man explained, but Brady looked at him shaking his head because, for what was now an explanation, "They're for....."

".... unimportant. In football, you also want to see the game, not analytical data. Can you change it now, please. Thank you," a glance at her phone revealed that it wasn't much longer and it was getting to be time, so Brady checked all the important monitors again before the team disappeared, "Okay, well, thank you very much. I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave now, though. Have a good evening together."

So far, so good. The tension was rising. Nervously drumming on the tabletop in front of him, Brady stood back up and paced in front of the three large monitors. Everything is going to go well. No need to worry, she kept telling herself, looking at a small monitor that showed the blueprint of a boat. It wasn't the port where the black ops team was headed, because the destination was several miles upriver.

After the entire CIA staff had left the room, Brady established the radio connection to Cemetery Wind and, while the connection was establishing, took a quick look at the clock in the lower corner of the monitor. Actually, she would be in bed now, fast asleep. She was still halfway to dinner, which was something.

"James, can you hear me?" a yes followed, causing Brady to exhale in a gasp and lean against the edge of the table behind her to keep all the important screens in view and while the operation was going on, she couldn't sit, "Glad to hear it. On the way here, I let Lockdown know, according to this, he should be arriving pretty soon as well. How are things going with you guys in general? Has there been anything unusual?"

"We'll be right there, set up the equipment and then we'll see," take it easy and everything in order, was much more what Brady heard in her uncle's words and first closed eyes and took a breath, "Everything was quiet on the way. I'm guessing this won't take fifteen minutes."

"Wait and see," not to look forward to, especially when, as Brady found, it came to catching a Transformers, "One of the drones is supposed to have the entire area in view. Currently, I'm still pretty much blind.... Now. All right. It's showtime."

Quite quickly the little drones were in the air; provided a wonderful overview of what was happening and the first voices were heard, including James telling his people to secure the beach and to do it nice and carefully. It was dark outside and not the most optimal, although the cameras on the drones were of a high quality standard. When Brady asked who was responsible for the new equipment, her uncle's response was that she was probably his biggest fan. A smirk formed on her face as she nodded knowingly. That's how quickly she got a stamp of approval. You say once that you were impressed and intrigued and that's what came out. Additionally, there were new toys. Mini drones. It was getting better and better.

"Team Alpha. Target is in sight. Fire at the ready." came from one of the two helicopters circling the abandoned boat.

"There's a heat signature. On the second funnel," James reported, at which point Brady looked from the large screens to the row of monitors on the wall to the left, "Just forward of the bow."

"Predator Zero One," the first helicopter reported again, "Target area acquired. Attach landing."

Another voice informed them that the group that had surrounded the boat was now going in and approaching the target, on two sides. Silence then fell for the moment; the jumbled voices fell silent, and were heard again only when the team went on deck to avoid being shot.

A bang could be seen as well as heard that came from the exploding C4, where shortly after a large figure clambered across the deck and rather quickly disappeared from sight. By then, James' words about fleeing were a bit redundant, as no one liked being shot at and would remain in place.

A friend, an Autobot, trying to escape didn't fit James' image, hence the question, however the answer, was better than ever. The reason was Optimus Prime, who had sent a distress signal. 'Message to all Autobots. We are the target of an attack. Break all contact with humans.'

"Put an info or note on it," Brady informed her uncle, typing a note on her phone before crossing her arms in front of her chest again, "The signal he received can probably be traced. It would give us Prime's last location. KSI's should probably be able to do that."

For this reason, because every Autobot was being hunted, they hid. In danger they were, according to the Autobot, and in Chicago James had lost a sister, so the Transformer had no sympathy to expect from him. Involuntarily, Brady raised her hand to shoulder level for two seconds, as if to signal that she was present.

A bang followed, it became glaringly bright and all the snipers opened fire, which was followed by a second bang. When Lockdown appeared, the fire was immediately ceased, making way for him to finish the job of the Transformer. One thing they were told by the giant robot.

"Autobots. Decepticons. Like little kids. Always you have to fight. And wreak havoc in the universe. And then have to clean it all up. You only have one chance to survive. Tell me where he's hiding. Where is Optimus Prime?", Never, the Autobot replied to Lockdown's words, whereupon the, lying on the ground, Transformer's energy core was ripped from his body, "Never is here."

"That....," Brady began after a Lamborghini drove off, pondering and watching the Cemetery Wind on the monitor as they began to pack up, ".... makes no sense. If he had said fate was here, it would also be strange but, still debatable. Your fate is sealed by me, which works quite but this?"

"How long have you been on your feet? Fifteen hours, seventeen?" asked James, if not more, making a head motion for the dead Transformer to be invited in, "Because it's starting to show, you're thinking a little too much."

Is that even possible? Thinking too much? Better to think too much than too little.