15

Security was a top priority at KSI. No wonder, because industrial espionage existed everywhere, at all times, and was likely to cost the company billions. The tablet is her ticket, the red-haired woman had told Brady, so she held the device up to the box for the code and took her hand away in surprise when a green light came on. Other question. Why wouldn't it work either?

"Where's my bottle of wine?", Brady heard Joyce's voice ask a little louder so she could understand from a distance, and walked toward him with emphatically slow steps, "Miss O'Neil."

"A 'Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon', 'Daimant Bleu' or 'Chateau' is nice but I'm better than a bottle of wine. That's why you get me," Brady replied in a monotone voice, standing next to the KSI boss to whom she handed the tablet and following his gaze to the wall at the far end of the hall, "Is the blank wall why you're 'tense'? If so, I recommend yoga, because that tension, then, is not from work."

"Let's hope not," Joyce replied, signaling to his people, and it wasn't long at all before a meter-high metal skeleton began to grow from the bottom up out of nowhere, "We call him Galvatron."

"So, like Megatron. I see from the blueprints that Optimus Prime is their template, yet you call him Galvatron. Did you run out of budget for marketing?" chortled Brady, watching the transformer gradually take shape, "Yeah, now I understand the name. The most you can sell that to is North Korea."

Who would have thought? No one could have known it would backfire like this. No one. 'I don't want to say I told you so, but, I told you so,' Brady spared the man, because, this must have been millions of dollars that went straight into the trash. A sum that could have done so much good with, just gone. Within a few minutes, components worth millions were simply gone. Alone because this hurt to know how much money was wasted, no matter if it wasn't hers and didn't hurt Joyce, she kept her mouth shut at this point.

According to Mister Joyce, Galvatron, was not a complete setback, of course, and it was not uncommon for complications to arise, especially in the early stages. In whatever form they took. The only thing he was concerned about was, the Transformium on Earth, which was coming to an end. There wasn't much left, and with each additional attempt, it became more difficult to obtain because it wasn't easy to find the alien component. The only remedy was to sow the seeds that created new transformium. Without new, it was eventually over with the production of transformers. Transformiun, that new petroleum.

"As I said, we can't do magic. Have accordingly a small little patience", on the corridor arrived, Brady went to the area and looked down before she turned to Joyce, "A small thing. I didn't come alone and one of your assistants was kind enough to take care of my escort. How do I find out where they are currently located?"

A phone call, that's all it took, after which Joyce made a head movement toward the stairs leading down. Exhibit room number four was where the two were currently, so it would be best if they both went to five, as the two should be finished in a moment and proceed there. According to this, Will and the assistant were at the new cars that will be released in the coming season. And as it had sounded, the generation on it would already be the transformers for the 'ordinary' consumer.... With too much money.

"Now tell me Will, how fascinating it is here," Brady's extremely good-humored voice rang out as soon as she turned the corner with Joyce and saw Will standing in front of one of the new cars. "Like Alice, this place makes you feel. That's how Alice felt when she entered Wonderland, and no different. You never cease to be amazed."

"Not necessarily," Will agreed, looking from the car to Brady, who lost all expression on her face.

"What?" it escaped Brady as if she had misheard and for some reason her left nostril began to twitch.

"Excuse me?" now inquired Mister Joyce, who also didn't believe he had heard Will's words, "Do you have any idea what kind of technology is in this car?"

"I'm sorry Mister Joyce, if I had guessed that he had no idea of what you and your company were accomplishing, I wouldn't have brought him along," this was extremely awkward and no matter how Brady's relationship with Joyce was at the moment, this had nothing at all to do with the rest of KSI Schaffen because it came through something else, "Actually, wasn't meant for him to come along either, but.... yes. It's not about the car, it's about where you stand Will. It's KSI itself that's fascinating and everything they build is the impressive thing. I'm looking away from the watermelons though, that's a huge accomplishment too. Difficult subject, but still has time to improve. The potential and the possibilities are there. You can compare it with Le Mans. With a very specific year. Nineteen hundred sixty-six. Bentley, Lorraine-Dietrich and Alfa Romeo dominated Le Mans from the first race, twenty-three. Later, Jaguar and Bugatti came along and mixed up the field. At some point, however, came Ferrari. For six years in a row, they won the 24-hour race in France. One man, Henry Ford, the runner-up to be exact, wanted to beat Ferrari. Yes, with a Ford. They all laughed because, how would a Ford be able to beat the great Italians? Carroll Shelby was going to make it happen, because fifty-nine won Le Mans. The team had a year to build the car for the race, which really made no one think Ford could beat Ferrari. In the end, they won and showed that anything is possible if you have enough ambition and confidence in what you want to create. The Ford Shelby was born and in the years that followed, Ford was able to win at Le Mans many more times. It always starts with a simple, small idea that can be capable of making a big difference. To start at all deserves all respect, because many do not dare to do it. And as I've said and will do many times, it's impressive and fascinating."

Wrong example, it seemed, because as Brady put on her usual smile at the end of her monologue, she noticed people staring at her from the three and more who were in hall five. Great, she thought, pressing her lips together and starting to nod very slowly, hoping someone, anyone, would say something and it was complicated no matter what. Which unfortunately didn't happen and stuck with her.

"Before I say goodbye Mister Joyce, since I won't be around for an indefinite period of time and you, to your delight, are back in direct contact with Mister Attinger, one thing," it wasn't necessary, it was more about Brady's peace of mind, "The day you called and asked for the solution because of the shortage, I lived for eleven minutes believing the last person close to me was dead. This person is part of the team responsible for procurement. I hope it explains a lot. I wish you all the best and good luck. Do not disappoint me."

When the red-haired assistant asked if Mister Joyce understood what Brady meant, she got another 'quite' in the background.

In the truest sense of the word, the future will tell.