44

Once at the top, everything else resembled a slide. Running on wet metal was like running on a freshly iced skating rink with ordinary sneakers on your feet. If you hadn't done that before, you'd better not. It may sound like (a lot of) fun for many at first, but it was not.

In addition, the waves caused Brady to lose her balance and slide across the metal ceiling of the spaceship. That put an end to several things for them in the future. For one thing, going diving, any amusement parks with roller coasters and fun pools that were known for their slides.

In the distance, despite the noise of the water, which sloshed again and again against the metal walls, the crashing of metal could be heard. It was Prime and Bumbleblee fighting each other.

Further and further the formerly crashed ship rose into the air, which is why Brady was overcome with the thought of jumping into the water before it was too late. At some point it would be too late and if she slid down at any point, it didn't matter if there was water underneath her or not, because the impact with the water would kill her.

"Not a good idea.", Will grabbed Brady by the arm, which at around fifteen meters was all still fine.

"Oh really?", Brady coughed, panting, and looked from Will to Prime, who had stopped beating on his old companion, "And how, else, are we going to get down from here?"

Something will turn up, Will was sure of that, which only made Brady look at him to see if he actually believed this or was just trying to make light of it.

"What did I do?", with these words Prime dropped his sword.

Clearly, beat up your friend.

The two jets that had been circling around the ship for some time were no ordinary jets, but, how could it be otherwise, Megatron and Nitro Zeus. All of a sudden, the two Decepticons, from whom nothing had been heard for hours, appeared and made Brady take a huge leap aside, where it didn't matter how she would land.

"You missed your chance to kill Unicron," together with Nitro Zeus, Megatron landed on the spaceship after the two Decepticons had bombarded it and took the staff from Prime, who was lying on the ground, "Your time is up, Prime. You have failed. You have turned your back on Cybertron. Now watch Earth die."

"Oops," escaped Brady with the corners of his mouth pulled down, looking after the two Decepticon jets making off with the staff, "Um.... yeah."

Good, very good, incredibly good that no one knew about Brady having a deal with Megatron.... had had. Well, everybody makes mistakes. Mistakes are human, after all. As long as no one dies, except for Yaeger, it was all good.

It wasn't going to get any better for Prime, as the figures in the ship who were alive but asleep and serving to protect the staff came climbing up to kill him.

"Tell me not jumping in the water wasn't a mistake....," it was Brady who grabbed Will by the arm and turned him to face her, ".... and you have a plan to get us out of here."

"I'm working on it," which meant, I don't have a plan and Will never would.

"You chose the wrong side," said one of the Guardian Knights, as Prime referred to them, continuing to pummel the Autobot, but another was already raising his sword, ready for the killing blow, "And the penalty is death."

At the last moment, however, Yaeger was able to deflect this blow because, out of nowhere, a sword, built up in the latter's hand and was stable enough to parry the guard's blow. The next time Brady took a magic toothpick to a sword fight.

"Seglass Ni Tonday." the guards began to say over and over, standing in a circle and raising their swords above Yaeger.

What the hell was going on here? All it took was one sword to appear, causing these guards to completely change their minds? Wow, great, it was easy. You couldn't, for the life of you, tell anyone this without sounding like a lunatic.

"My brothers," Prime began to speak, "I will never betray you again. I am Optimus Prime, to save Earth we must go to Cybertron and destroy Quintessa."

Back again. 'I will never betray you again,' so far Brady had heard that correctly. Do you even have to say such things? Isn't that a given? At least, it should be.

Find some words for that, first.