36

four years later
(The Last Knight)

Leaning far back, Brady sat in her chair, legs resting on the desk, rocking back and forth as she tossed a small black ball, the size of a baseball, from one hand to the other. Everything was quiet and accordingly, stinking boring. Nothing had happened for days. Nothing meant that no new Transformers had fallen to earth or been sighted, which was good, but then again, there was nothing to do. It was the two sides of the same coin.

The vibrating of her phone, came at just the right time, finally getting Brady out of the office and outside. For a long time she had been waiting for this news and now finally, it had come.

"You're coming with me?" asked a surprised Santos, who was walking past Brady with a group just as she came out of the office and, not knowing what it was about, half-squinted her eyes, "A group of kids are having trouble with a Transformer."

"And who cares?" retorted Brady, walking up beside the TRF commander, "Self-inflicted. Our job isn't to save stupid kids. It's the parents' job to make sure they don't screw up. I have more important things to do than take care of kids who don't understand why areas are closed and there are signs with rules and bans on them. The consequences of our actions."

Reaching the bottom of the sidewalk, Brady looked both ways down the street, which was followed by a glance at her phone. She looked up street one more time and saw the headlights of a parked car go on and off.

"Just the day Yaeger shows up, people of mine, have to be on the road too, because of some stupid kids," with that, Brady pulled the passenger side of the Mustang closed, panting, and typed something, into the center console of the car, "That's where the kids were spotted Barricade so that area, is best avoided."

"Then you'll have to be prepared human....," began the voice that came from the speakers just after Barricade had driven off and Brady was able to buckle up, ".... you're going to run."

On the map from the phone, Brady tracked the movement of Santos and his team, which meant she didn't see coming why Barricade abruptly slammed on the brakes and as a result, was thrown first forward and then hard into the seat. At first she didn't know why the Decepticon stopped, but it wasn't long before she heard gunshots and small explosions.

From here on, it was as far as they both could go, so Barricade opened the door for Brady to get out and drove towards the source of the noise alone to find out who was involved in the fight. Who it was, namely Yaeger, Bumblebee and the TRF, she was told a few minutes later by the Decepticon. Because of a couple of kids, Santos went on his way and in the end, ended up with Yaeger. How could that be?

"You'll be dead before I fall down," Yaeger said, pointing his gun at Santos on the ground, "Put the gun down. Trust me. Easy Bee. Take it easy."

"Let's just call his bluff," Brady countered, holding her own gun to the back of Yaeger's head and walking slowly around him, "So we meet again."

"Don't shoot..... Brady," a third voice came forward, belonging to Will, who had also joined with his unit, "Put the gun down."

"Stay..... yourself out of this, Lennox," Brady replied with a quick glance at Will and then looked back at Yaeger, "Well, remember?"

"You're Joyce's little girl," Yaeger replied, causing a smile to appear on Brady's face, since it wasn't quite true but at least, the guy remembered, "Come on. Shoot me. If you do, he'll shoot you."

"Suit yourself," Brady retorted, shooting not an inch past Yaeger's ear into the ground, "I'd much rather see you from hundreds of feet up, push through a window and plummet to the depths. That's exactly what you did to my uncle. I don't care if your alien friend shoots me or not, because you'll be dead too."

"Okay, then," Will snorted, taking his gun and pointing it at Brady's head, causing Santos to raise his rifle and point it, "Did I miss something?"

"You're pointing the gun at my boss right now," Santos explained, causing Will to lift a corner of his mouth and shake his head, because he could have thought this, himself, "What do we do now?"

"Wait and see?", shrugging, Brady pushed her lower lip forward, waiting for reactions and glanced around the 'battlefield', which led to her taking her gun from Yeager's forehead, "We're at a crossroads. I make you a promise Yaeger. I'm going to kill you. Put your guns down boys. This guy is not worth killing the whole team."

There was a new world order, namely the TRF, which from now on, had the say, and the military, had no say in it anymore. But this had not been the case since yesterday, but for four years. According to Yaeger, the Autobots, or rather all Transformers, are looking for nothing more than a home, and when the robots are driven into a corner, they naturally fight back. Problem was that the Earth, was not their planet and these merely guests, and have to behave accordingly, which was not the case.

"Whose side are you on?", Santos wanted to know from Will as Yaeger and his Autobots set off to disappear, "They're all evil."

"No," it always depended on which side you were looking at this from, but Will could not agree with Santos on this point, "They're not."

A head movement toward Brady's yellow Camaro followed, whereupon Santos told a sniper sitting on one of the rooftops to shoot a homing device.