04

Maybe Brady was thinking too pessimistically and the KSI Transformers were a good thing, namely a chance for humanity to make a stand for what might come, but something inside her said this would not end well. Anything that involved an artificial intelligence was to be taken with a grain of salt. And the mere fact that they were experimenting with robots that possessed a consciousness like that of a human didn't make it any better. The day will come when the machines will take over and humanity will possibly be wiped out. One day, if it goes on like this.

Whether it was a thousand pages, two thousand, or even more, Brady no longer wondered after a second box was brought to her. A thousand pages, divided into about forty to sixty files. That it would be a lot, she had assumed, so she had prepared to be busy with it for a while, several hours, but this, this quantity, exceeded it a little. She would easily spend the entire morning with it, and even longer if Attinger needed her in between.

"How are you doing?" asked Savoy, who joined Brady in the office around two o'clock and, seeing the papers, picked up a stack of files from the desk, which he roughly leafed through, "You've got a lot on your plate there."

"I want to know (up front) who I'm dealing with when I'm dealing with him," a little late for Brady's tastes because she had long been involved, but better late than never, "I'm walking around on twelve inch high heels eight to ten hours a day. Yeah, I'm fine. What can I do for you?"

"Thanks for asking, I'm fine too, dearest niece," James replied causing Brady to grin and lay three files, opened, side by side and ran his finger over the pages making notes afterwards, "So much to do then?"

"If you don't tell me what you want, I won't have time," Brady replied as she wrote the last sentence, then propped her elbows on the tabletop, interlocking her fingers and looking up at her uncle with a smile, "Ah see. If you fill out this form for me, you'll get everything you want."

"I get that too," as good as good everything, Brady corrected and was handed a folded piece of paper the next moment, so she began to nod, "Seriously now. How are you doing?"

"I don't know. Yesterday I would have said fine, but since we've been with Mister Joyce it's been weird. I guess it takes me a few days to 'get comfortable' with the whole Transformers theme, or at least, come to terms with it," just as Brady was about to sign, she read the third paragraph from the bottom once in its entirety, put the pen aside and stood up with the form in her hand, "I'm not allowed to sign off on this one. Be right back."

After a few feet, however, Brady turned around, went back to her office, and told her uncle to come with her because people were people and she didn't want a folder to disappear from the table merely because he meant well for her. If anything was going to disappear, it would be reports on the Chicago fight.