35

one year later

Someone said, 'The world is changing. It's about time we did too,' with which the person was not entirely wrong, because what changes was the world and the times in which we live, but not the people. No human being ever changes. All people do at most is adapt. Whoever is capable of murder once would do it a second time, or at least would be capable of doing it, where even a stay in prison would not help. It is not in the nature of man to change.

"What gives you the qualifications?" asked the man Brady was sitting across from, giving merely a cursory glance as she was more interested in what was happening down the hall, which she could follow through a glass window, "What are your qualifications?"

"Cemetery Wind," Brady replied coolly, now turning fully, to the man who was growing his first gray hairs, "My old boss, Harold Attinger, started and ran the Black Ops Team and my uncle, James Savoy, was the unit commander. In the last few years, I've been present, involved or led one or two operations myself."

"You're well aware of what Cemetery Wind has done?" the man verified, a little surprised by Brady's answer, "They've done some serious things."

"Instead of Decepticons, they were additionally hunting Autobots. Wow, and how is it different from the TRF? Ah right, now it's legal to hunt Autobots, before it wasn't," Brady replied, unimpressed, looking back down the hall, "More than half of Cemetery Wind is still alive and I'd bring them along. Those guys know how to hunt and take those out. They don't need to be taught anymore. And what can your guys do? You ask me what qualifications I have, but, the real question should be. What qualifications do your people have? Yes, Cemetery Wind may have done some things that were in the gray area then and are now, not worth mentioning, but the results continue to speak for themselves. There you go, that's my qualification."

Some children or adults we shy away from the sight of blood because they don't realize it means family. Loyalty. That it is the essence of life. But despite its value, it is an irrefutable fact that blood is often associated with pain. It's a cruel reminder that everything can be taken from you in a single moment.

─⌖❖⌖─

two weeks later

"Hey," shouted Will, who had just come from running and brought the mail right up with him, "You got a letter from the Transformers Reaction Force? Why are you getting mail from them?"

"Open it and you'll know," Brady said, but instead of opening it, as she had allowed Will to do, he handed her the envelope, "O'Neil blah blah blah..... You have, no one cares.... blablabla.... Well, look at you. Serious stuff, my ass. This is going to be fun."

"What are you talking about.....?" but Brady was already holding the letter out to Will so he could read it for himself and subsequently, looked at his girlfriend stunned because this, couldn't be true, "I'll leave aside what happened in Hong Kong, where I don't even know what really happened there, but, the whole CIA and Cemetery Wind construct, did something to you. Otherwise, how do you come up with this hirnv....."

"It's my life, so I make the decisions," it was fact and Will's decisions, Brady didn't interfere with after all, "You either live with it or you don't. I don't need to argue about it, otherwise I wouldn't have been there."

They say let he who is without sin cast the first stone. And to be without sin means perfect forgiveness. But, when the memories are freshly struck wounds, forgiveness, is the most unnatural of human impulses.

─⌖❖⌖─

a month later.

"Wouldn't you rather introduce yourself, to the team?" was asked Brady, looking from her phone to the man she owned the interview with.

"No. They'll get to know me soon enough," Brady replied, pushing herself off the table and walking past the squad to the door, "They only need to know one thing, that I'm their new boss."

"This is a joke, isn't it sir?" a dark haired man with a beard, inquired about Brady's sympathetic introductions and her departure, "What a bitch and I'm sorry sir, but there's no reason why she should be our future boss. What does she have to show for it, please?"

"Half the TRF," the man explained, causing the dark haired man to look to his people and back to him because he wanted to know if they understood, "For sure Cemetery Wind tells you something. Fifty-six percent of TRF soldiers come from Cemetery Wind and therefore, from her. She was part of the team and a head, of the Hydra. And the Bitch, as you say, is the Head of Operation. You better get used to it."