29

The pursuit of Joyce and the seed led straight to Hong Kong. Up to this point, Brady had thought the flight couldn't be topped, but she had been wrong without fail. The three of them spent an entire day following them. The flight, during which they could get up and lie down or go to the bathroom, had been much more pleasant. There should have been no reason to grumble against that one.

"I'm pissed off that we're not getting paid for this," it took quite a while for James to finally get this off his chest, since Brady had put it to him that something was bugging him tremendously.

"At least we get to kill him," which was a good alternative for Attinger, "They're not getting away from us. I'm tracking them via satellite. Genius my ass, does he think he can run from the CIA?"

"What kind of genius thinks he can turn a Decepticon into an Autobot? Three years ago I already told him it wouldn't work and now, we have Megatron two point zero, who is also looking for the seed," Brady added to that, resting her elbow on the edge of the window and propping her head up, hand on her temple, "We're lucky we got out alive. What good is money if you're dead?"

"But we're not," currently, they weren't yet, but, that they three, could be at any time, Attinger obviously didn't understand, "And let's keep it that way. We'll kill them, and then we won't have any more problems."

It sounded too good to be true. The last few years would disappear with no warning if Joyce, the Yaeger, and Dyson were dead. All right. A little too easy, as Attinger imagined.

─⌖❖⌖─

On the laptop, it could be seen that the dot representing Joyce and the seed stopped on the middle of a road and from then on, stopped moving. According to that, they were not far away, which was their chance to catch up. Either it was due to traffic or something was blocking the roads, in any case, whatever it was, came in handy for them.

"Good guys. Target is in sight," Brady radioed through to the others of the Cemetery Wind team, pressing a hand against the door as their uncle turned sharply around it, "A black motorcycle with two people. We're splitting up. Don't let them get away a second time."

With that, the direct chase began through a narrow alley where a market was taking place, onto the main street, straight down it, knocking over all sorts of stalls, and left into a side street where the ride ended abruptly for them. In the middle of the streets, because from there, a pedestrian zone began, four metal bollards stood in the way.

"Surround them." was the instruction James gave to the team as they got out.

From here on, just continued on foot. There was no way this was going to work.

─⌖❖⌖─

Always toward the action and in the direction from which the residents fled. It could not be simpler. Where Joyce pointed was not so easy to find out, because there were too many houses on whose roof the inventor could be stuck by now.

"These prototypes are after the bomb," said James, running up a flight of stairs, who had realized before Attinger and Brady that the new Decepticons were already there.

It didn't get any better as the sky darkened ever so slowly and a shadow settled over the area. A spaceship had appeared in the sky over Hong Kong and the reason, for the disappearance of the sunlight. At first glance, one might think it was Lockdown's ship, but this one, was too small. Way too small and besides that, the Transformer was long back in space.

"Who the hell is on board?", good question James asked and to which, there was only one plausible answer.

"That's completely impossible," Attinger snapped, realizing it wasn't Lockdown.

"Nothing is impossible," with these words Brady tapped her uncle's arm to finally move on because it was an easy task to locate Joyce, "Everyone should have understood that by now."

Where the spaceship stopped, Joyce should most likely be able to find herself with the seed. The ship was still hovering as Attinger, James and Brady followed it, but it was headed for a specific building. One that was not too far from their current position. It went down more small alleyways, across a playground and through two backyards, where they stopped at the second.

"If they survive, they'll talk. And then, we're done," among other things, because questions, will be asked even without these people, and with that, Attinger could be sure, "Kill everyone."

"With pleasure," immediately James set out to get on the roof and Brady went right after him, "You don't."

"Forget it," Brady replied dismissively, taking the pistol out of the back of his pants and checking the magazine, "We're in this together. Without me, you're not going anywhere. The two of us are a team. Always have been. Remember? Christmas. Okay, I'm your back-up. Let's end this for good now."

Discussion pointless.