09

The first few seconds of silence passed where Brady didn't know either what had just happened or what to do. There was nothing she could do but wait. Whatever was happening there at the power plant was happening so fast that it was impossible to keep up with it. Ambush.

Two minutes passed, then five, then seven until finally eleven minutes, which had seemed endless to her, had passed and Brady's phone began to vibrate. With a shaky hand, she reached for the device, lifted it, and on the lock screen she saw the pop-up window indicating a message that the job was done and the thing was now coming to KSI.

"Job done," Brady let her supervisor know in a weak voice, yet she was still shaking, though there was no longer any reason to worry, "I'm going to KSI right now, if I may."

"Even if I said no, you would drive in spite of it," in this case it was true and Brady would not listen to Attinger's instruction even if he then said she was fired, "When you get back here, I want to know what happened and why we stopped connecting."

One of the reasons Brady wanted to go to KSI. First and foremost, no one needed to kid themselves, she wanted to know how James was doing. Everything else was secondary.

─⌖❖⌖─

The Cemetery Wind Team was still on the way when Brady parked in front of the KSI building, got out and to her amazement, a blonde woman greeted her by name and told her that Mister Joyce was just sitting in the car and would need another ten to fifteen minutes until the company owner arrived. What had happened that this woman knew her name? Once, just once, she had been here and on that first visit, this blonde woman had not been present.

When asked if Brady would like to wait in the office or if there was anything else she wanted to see or learn about, she chose the latter. With the larger and amount of floors, there was certainly still a lot she didn't know.

What was KSI known for? Progress, and in many areas, like cars. By the blonde, whose name was Stacy, Brady was taken to the floor where the vehicles were displayed that were about to be launched. At the moment they were just ordinary cars, as Stacy told, but it was not long before they would be transformers.

Surprise. A surprise that wasn't all that surprising. Why only build Transformers for the military, if it could not also be done for the normal consumer and thus, kill two birds with one stone, because it brings in twice as much money? The only question was, how expensive would such a KSI Transformers be? If you have to ask how much it costs, you can't afford it. Everyone knows this phrase, yet it should be interesting how rich a person would have to be. Rich, really rich, or rich where it would just be about being richer than others? It would certainly start in the seven-digit range. Starting, which meant it could quite easily and quite quickly become eight figures. And with that, she had her answer, which was, really rich and better.

"Ah, Miss O'Neil," Joyce 'blurted' into Stacy's lead, causing the blonde to greet her boss directly and say goodbye to Brady in the same breath, "How can I help you?"

"Maybe in your office instead?" which made the KSI owner know right off the bat that what Brady had to say wasn't for everyone, "I don't think I need to tell you how impressive all this is. On my next visit and the one after that, I'll still be impressed. There are things I find a little problematic, but it doesn't change the fact that you are good at what you do."

"A compliment I would guess," an insult would look different to Brady, besides Joyce would have noticed if it had been one, "At this point, though, I'm interested in what you see as problematic. There's nothing that could be problematic."

"The head of Megatron," Brady informed Joyce in a hushed voice as a group of employees approached them both, "You're trying to build your own Autobots with the help of a Decepticon. Not just any Decepticon mind you, the leader of the Decepticons, Megatron and use it, with his code, to try and build a version of Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots. How are they going to do that? They try to grow a honeydew melon from the seeds of a watermelon. Although they both belong to the same species, they couldn't be more different inside, in their nature. Would you be able to make a watermelon into a honeydew melon with all that you have at your disposal?"

"With enough time and money, certainly," Joyce agreed, holding the door to his office open for Brady and walking behind his desk, where he took a glass from a cabinet, filled it with brown liquid, and handed it to her, "You look like you could use a drink. What can I do for you?"

"It's about those seeds. Some things take time. There are things and you should know this best Mister Joyce, they are not done overnight. We're working on it and you don't need to keep asking about it because of that. Do you understand? When the time comes, you will get it, but it will take as long as it takes. And just so you finally understand one thing, it's our people that are taking care of it. Not yours. You're just asking where it is or how long it's going to take without contributing anything. Your people are in here, you're in here, and our people are out there," that's all Brady wanted, setting the full glass on the tabletop, "You're welcome to call Mister Attinger and complain about me. It's not against you personally, not at all, just I get the feeling you think it's an endeavor that will take five minutes. Have a nice day Mister Joyce."

That's going to be trouble. A lot of trouble and Brady assumed that in less than an hour, she would be out of a job.