43

From Captain Nemo to Indiana Jones.

After this, towards the end, rather bumpy ride, Brady was all the happier to finally get out of the submarine. No sooner was her ankles deep in the water; she put her head through the strap of the rifle and slid it onto her back to free up both hands.

As the group wandered through the abandoned spaceship, Brady unhooked a carabiner from her belt, from which hung a flashlight, and shined it on the walls.

This was no longer a mere spaceship at the bottom of the ocean. If you hadn't known, you would have assumed you were in a cave in the jungle. Everywhere, hard to count, vines hung from the ceiling; the walls were overgrown with moss and other plants and the floor, was also, littered with what resembled roots.

"This must be what it was like for Henry when he entered the Temple of Death," with a roving gaze, Brady walked in the middle of the group, all of whom had their rifles raised and ready to fire, "If anyone finds a skull, I'll take it."

"You can forget about that right now," shortly after this clarification, Will raised his fist because a fire had ignited on the wall, "Stop. Freeze."

To which Brady did not listen, however, but simply kept walking because there was no reason to stop.

"Hey!" exclaimed Will, grumbling as he shook his head because Brady turned around exclusively with his arms outstretched, shaking his head questioningly, "If any of us did that, didn't listen to them, then.... we'd all be allowed to rejoice."

"You really believe that Lennox?" laughed Santos, who had stopped behind Will.

─⌖❖⌖─

Their path led them through increasingly narrow corridors, where the last one, after several minutes, finally widened again. The moment had come when the devices began to go crazy and, for some inexplicable reason, displayed heat signatures. Possibly, the stone figures were alive. Where we were at the tomb of the Dragon Emperor.

A roar came up, causing Brady to automatically turn around, flashlight raised, and see a mummy in armor, slashing at Yaeger with two swords. She hadn't meant it that way with the skull.

"And already, that was it, with Indiana Jones," gasping, Brady crouched down, shouldered her rifle and picked up two pistols she had strapped to her thighs because she was better with those, "Anybody have any idea how to kill a skeleton?"

Just shoot it and hope the warrior dies. Thus, fire was opened on the giant. Which didn't have too much effect and even after shooting only at its eyes, the could still easily hit its 'enemies'. With the eyes this creature did not seem to see, if there were eyes at all.

It was an explosive charge that ensured that the skeleton could no longer fight and was lying on the ground. It was lying on the ground, but it was still alive.

However, it was far from quiet with that, because all of a sudden there was a jolt and the entire ship began to move.

"Hey," immediately, at Will's prompting, a dark-haired woman picked up a metal rod from the ground, ran to the precipice and held the metal piece over it, "Drop the gun. Come on."

"Go ahead, drop it," the woman replied, causing Brady to roll his eyes, "Or I will."

"So what if you do," Brady said in response, now pointing one of her pistols at the woman herself, "Then we'll just climb down to get him. This 'over my dead body' thing doesn't work on me. Do you really think your corpse would stop us? What kind of world do you live in that you think that?"

"You two don't know what you're doing," shouted Yaeger, who had been surrounded by the rest of their group and thus in no position to help, "Stop."

"I just want that gun." said Will, who continued to point his rifle at the unknown woman.

"Then shoot me," the woman yelled back, "Only I can lead him. Go ahead! Do it! Shoot me."

"Suit yourself," a clack followed as Brady unlocked her weapon and shot past the woman's head into the air, "What does it look like now?"

"Protect the staff." was suddenly heard and a second warrior, who had looked like a petrified stature, came to life.

Of course. Then they just weren't vampires, as Brady had said earlier in jest, but skeletons. This world again. It really does get crazier and crazier.

In addition, because one alone, would have been too boring and easy, a second of the kind awoke.

And more than fire and take cover, she could not, because this, it should be magic.

"I've come to claim the staff," sounded a robotic voice, which, Brady realized as he turned around, belonged to Prime, and without a problem, took out the two creatures.

As if changed, the Transformer seemed to be, because Prime was even ready to kill the woman if she did not give him the staff. Now that was a turn of events.

They had no choice but to obey the order of Prime, who pocketed the staff and even, easily put away the ammunition that Santos fired at him.

It really felt at the moment as if Brady and all the others were doing the work for Prime, so that in the end he would get the baton and no one else.