Team Meeting

The first month of your fifth year flew by. You, Lee, Fred, and George were up to your neck in homework, but always found time to throw a few dungbombs into Filch's office or set off fireworks in the hallways. Thankful the amount of work you had mostly drove your boggart and the voices from your mind. Your brother, Oliver, was in quidditch overdrive. He was desperate to win the cup. With the season approaching, he called a meeting for the team to discuss tactics.

"This is our last chance" Oliver said during the meeting, "My last chance to win the quidditch cup," He was pacing up and down in front of you and the rest of the team. "Gryffindor hasn't won in SEVEN years. Okay, we've had the worst luck in the school, but we've also got the best team in the school," Oliver said this while punching a fist into his opposite hand.

"Are you sure he's sane?" Fred whispered. He was sitting next to you with his arm slightly around you. Oliver wasn't paying attention. You laughed softly.

"Oh, he's not. I promise you that," you replied. Oliver was now pointing to the different team members.

"We've got four superb chasers," Wood said, pointing at you, Alicia, Angelina, and Katie. Due to various circumstances and injuries, Oliver had also put Katie Bell on the team. She was a great flyer and in her 4th year. You loved her dearly. She was a sweetheart and filled in for you, Angelina, or Alicia if needed. Two unbeatable beaters," your brother continued. Fred and George suddenly pretended to blush.

"Stop it, Oliver, you're embarrassing us," they said together. You and the twins dissolved into giggles. Oliver ignored the three of you and looked at Harry.

"And we've got a seeker who has never failed to win us a match!" your brother said, pride shinning on his face. "And me," he added as an afterthought.

"You're an excellent keeper," said Alicia.

"Incredible," you added.

"Spanking good," Fred said, nodding. You noticed Oliver's ears turning red. He suddenly resumed his pacing. After talking a bit more, your brother looked dejected.

"I thought that, ever since Harry joined our team, we had this in the bag. But we still haven't gotten it and it's our last chance we'll get," he said. The team all looked sympathetically at him.

"We'll do it this year, Ollie," you said.

"This year is our year," added in Fred.

"We'll do it, Oliver!" said Alicia and Katie and Angelica echoed her.

"Definitely," said Harry.

With a new found determination, your team went out onto the pitch to practice. It was cold, but your team had never performed better. After practice, you landed next to your brother.

"That was a great practice, captain," you said, bumping into him in a joking way.

"You really think we've got this?" he asked.

"Undoubtedly," you said, then you remembered you hadn't told Oliver what had happened on the Hogwarts Express, "Hey, Ollie, can I talk to you about something?" He looked at you.

"You and Fred?" said Oliver, a smirk playing across his lips.

"I- what?" you said, "No way! He's literally just my best friend," Oliver rolled his eyes.

"Uh huh. So like, the fact you guys look at each other all the time means nothing?"

"Ha ha. Very funny," you said, "I actually wanted to talk to you about something serious," Oliver stopped his teasing and listened intently as you told him what happened on the ride to Hogwarts. You also told him about your boggart, which almost brought you to tears.

"Have you told Mum and Dad?" he eventually asked. You shook your head.

"Hearing voices in the wizarding world isn't the best thing,"

"I still think you should tell them,"

"But-,"

"No, seriously. They might be able to help," By this time, you and Oliver had reached the Fat Lady's portrait. You said the password together and entered to hear Ron and Hermione having a row.

"ALL CATS CHASE RATS," said Hermione, holding Crookshanks, her cat.

"THAT CAT HAS GOT IT IN FOR SCABBERS!" Ron shouted back, "HE WAS HERE FIRST AND HE'S ILL," Ron then turned his back on Hermione and marched into the boys' dormitories and Hermione did the same but to the girls'. You walked over to Harry, who was sitting on the couches. You sat next to him; the two of you had gotten a lot closer ever since you told him what you heard on the Hogwarts Express.

"Well, looks like my best friends won't be talking for a bit," Harry said, shrugging.

"They'll come around," you said.

"Heard anything recently?" Harry asked, lowering his voice.

"Just from a boggart, you?"

"Nope," Harry said, and then changed the subject, "So you and Fred?"

"Why do people keep asking me about this?" you said, throwing your hands into the air in exasperation.

"He had his arm around you during the pep talk," said Harry, "And you've always been close-,"

"There isn't anything going on," you said, laughing, "Goodnight, Harry," You walked to your dormitory. Apparently people were seeing something you weren't. Before you went to bed, you remembered what your Oliver had said. You didn't want to worry your parents. Instead you began to write a note to Madam Pomfrey. You knew the woman would know what to do. Your owl, Connolly, named after a beater for the Irish national team, fluttered down to your side. He was a handsome screech owl and you absentminded pet him as you wrote. When you were finished, Connolly took the letter and flew out into the night.

A few minutes later, he returned. He was carrying a letter from Madam Pomfrey. You tore it open. It read:

Y/N,
Thank you for telling me this. People often relive their worst experiences as when in the presence of a dementor. What you said about it being from before you were born is quite odd though. I'll ponder what you told me. Do not worry, my dear. I'll let you know if I figure something out. Please visit the hospital wing anytime (except hopefully not for an injury).
With love,
Madam Pomfrey

You read the letter several times. Hearing Madam Pomfrey's words were calming. You eventually fell asleep, thoughts again clouding your head.