Letters

There was a tap on your window. You stopped fiddling with your Gryffindor necklace and looked up at it to see Connolly, your screech owl, holding a letter in his beak. You opened the window for him. Connolly flew in and dropped the envelope on your desk before perching next to it. You pulled out one piece of parchment and recognized the writing immediately. It was from Fred Weasley, your very best friend. You sliced the letter open and read it:

Y/N,
I MISS YOU SO MUCH. You have no idea how hard it is to not see you for so so so long. George isn't the best company. Just kidding, he's great. Percy on the other hand... but, anyways, DAD GOT TICKETS TO THE CUP.
These aren't any old tickets, love. They're prime seats in the top box.
Mum says you have to ask your parents first. Write me back pronto. Also, you can stay the rest of the summer, if you wanna.
If it's a yes, we'll pick you up by the Floo Network at 5 pm tomorrow. If it's a no, same goes. Then we'll pick up Harry.
Freddie (Your best friend if you've forgotten)
Ps. Joke Shop is going well. We need more ideas though. Best have a list when we pick you up.

You laughed. You couldn't believe it. The Weasleys had gotten prime tickets! They definitely deserved it. You couldn't wait to see Fred and George again. It was nearing the end of the summer holidays and you hadn't seen them since you parted ways at Platform 9 and 3/4. As you turned to leave your bedroom and find Bennett and Adelaide Wood, your adopted parents, Connolly hooted softly. You turned back to your owl to see him dragging another piece of parchment out of the envelope that Fred had sent his letter in.

"Oh, thanks Connolly!" you said as you took the second paper from his beak. This writing was slightly smaller than Fred's and less italicized. It was George's handwriting! You opened this parchment, hardly containing your laughter as you read:

Y/N,
Please come to the Cup with us. Fred had done nothing but talk about you since the moment we left Platform 9 and 3/4. It's driving me up a WALL. Help. He's in love with you. Completely. I swear.
George
Ps. I had to sneak this into the envelope with Fred's letter. He's such a lovesick git.
Pps. I miss you too.

So, Fred had been talking about you. This made you blush slightly. You would never admit your feelings for Fred until Fred told you he felt something for you. Which would never happen. You were both simply best friends. George, as well as your other best friend Lee Jordan, had been teasing you and Fred about this for awhile. They were completely blind though because nothing was happening between you and Fred. Nothing other than friendship. These thoughts consumed you as you fed some treats to Connolly and went to your father's study.

"Dad?" you said as you entered the room.

"Yes, Y/N?" Bennett Wood asked, lifting his eyes from the parchment he was writing on.

"The Weasleys got prime tickets for the top box at the World Cup and they invited me to go with them," you said quickly, "Can I go?" You crossed your fingers behind your back. Bennett laughed.

"Sure," he said. You started jumping up and down, "Your uncle Phillip wasn't able to get tickets. I'll give him yours and you can go with the Weasleys,"

"YES!" you shouted. Adelaide, your adopted mother, suddenly walked in.

"What's going on?" she asked.

"I'm going with the Weasleys to the World Cup; they got amazing tickets!" you quickly explained, "Oh, can I also stay with them for the rest of the summer holidays?"

"Of course," your mum said, "You've been so bored with Oliver at practice constantly for Puddlemere United. It'll be good for you," You hugged both of your parents tightly before bolting back up to your room.

"Ready for another letter?" you asked Connolly. He hooted and puffed his chest. Connolly was the most hardworking owl you knew. You grabbed a quill and parchment and wrote:

Hey Fred!
I MISS YOU SO MUCH TOO. Oliver has been constantly gone because of his... job? I guess flying for an amazing quidditch team instead of working at a desk 24/7 like Percy is would still be considered that.
My parents said yes! I can go to the Cup with you, plus stay the rest of summer. I can't wait to see you tomorrow.
Y/N
Ps. Tell George not to worry.

You handed your letter to Connolly, who took off through your still open window. Then you got to packing. It was hard to gather up everything you needed for the year. Eventually your trunk was full. On top of it lay your broomstick and quaffle. You then paced your room in anticipation. 5 pm tomorrow could not come fast enough.