Mint and Pink

"And done!" you said, dropping your quill onto your finished Potions essay.

"Atta girl," Cedric grinned. The two of you were sitting in the library, finishing your homework. In a few hours, the Christmas holiday would start. Unlike the past few years, practically everyone was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas thanks to the Yule Ball.

"You almost finished?" you asked. Cedric laughed.

"I finished twenty minutes ago," he shrugged, "I was just waiting for you,"

"You should've told me! Shoot, sorry about that,"

"It's completely okay!" Cedric glanced around and then lowered his voice. "Listen. I figured out the golden egg,"

"Wait, really?" you said.

"Yeah. The shrieking is mermaid. Apparently something valuable is going to be taken from me, Harry, Fleur, and Krum. I figured it out last night,"

"Ced, you're brilliant!" you said, "I'm so proud of you!" Cedric glanced down to his hands, grinning. The Hufflepuff sometimes had a hard time taking compliments.

"Thanks," he said, "Do you know if Harry has figured it out yet?"

"I'm honestly not sure,"

"Okay, sounds good," Cedric nodded, "I'm going to give him a hint about it,"

"Are you for real? That's kind of you,"

"Let's just say he helped me out with the first task. I need to repay him," said Cedric. You shook your head. Cedric was always so generous. You glanced down at your watch.

"Shoot, I've got to go," you said, "I promised I'd meet Ginny in her dormitory in five,"

"Have fun!" Cedric said as you quickly put away your things.

"See you!" you said. You hurried out of the library and up to Gryffindor Tower. As you entered the common room, your eyes immediately went to two ginger twins. They were standing on one of the tables.

"Come try them out!" George hollered.

"New trick wands!" shouted Fred, a large stack of papers in his hands. He was trying to keep ahold of them as he spoke. "As well as our top of the line spin-off: Parrot Pastries!" People were crowded around the table on which Fred and George stood. Lee was frantically weaving through the group, handing out this and that. Fred's eyes met yours for a split second before a second year Gryffindor asked him a question, diverting his attention. You headed to the staircase to the girls' dormitories and entered the third year room.

"Y/N!" Ginny said once she saw you, "Thank goodness you're here!" Her and Hermione were sitting on Ginny's bed. A sheet of fabric sat between them. Hermione had at least five books on her lap.

"Hey," you smiled and headed over, "What's going on?"

"This," said Ginny, "This is what is going on," The girl grabbed the fabric and held it up. It was a mint and pink dress and it was pretty hideous.

"Is that-?" you started to ask, but Ginny didn't let you finish.

"Mum sent it to me a few hours ago," Ginny explained, "For the Yule Ball. She got it secondhand, because... well... you know. I was wondering if you and Hermione could make it a bit more me," Your heart ached as Ginny spoke. The Weasleys deserved millions of galleons. It wasn't fair that they were so poor. You took the dress in your hands and examined it.