The Portkey

Dinner that night was out in the Weasley's backyard. You sat next to Fred and across from Charlie and George.

"It's got to be Ireland," said Charlie through a mouthful of potato.

"They did flatten Peru in the semifinals," you agreed.

"Bulgaria has got Viktor Krum, though," said Fred.

"Krum's one decent player, Ireland has got seven," Charlie said.

"I wish England had got through though," George said, "That was bloody embarrassing,"

"What happened?" Harry asked eagerly. He was sitting on your other side. Charlie, you, Fred, and George began to explain what had happened in the previous pre- and semifinal World Cup games.

Dinner was finished by homemade strawberry ice cream. It was absolutely incredible. After you all were finished, Mrs. Weasley checked her watch.

"Oh my, look at the time!" she said, "You really should all get to bed since you'll be up at the crack of dawn for the Cup. I'll be getting everyone's things from Diagon Alley once you have gone," After saying goodnight to the Weasley boys and Harry, you, Ginny, and Hermione went into Ginny's room, where the three of you stayed whenever you were at the Weasleys'. Hermione immediately pulled out a book and started to read while you and Ginny got ready for bed.

"Sooo," said Ginny, looking at you, "What's going on between you and my dear older brother, Fred?" You immediately felt your cheeks turn pink.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Oh, please," said Hermione, closing her book, "You're both completely in love with each other,"

"In a nice 'we're best friends' way," you immediately retorted.

"He has been quite touchy with you lately," said Ginny while combing her hair.

"He literally never stopped talking about you since the moment I got here," Hermione pointed out. Ginny giggled.

"Do you think Y/N will like my longer hair?" Ginny said, mimicking Fred's voice surprisingly well. Hermione joined in.

"Y/N is such an amazing quidditch player. You should see her fly! Amazing," Hermione said, also adopting a low voice.

"Y/N's eyes... I get lost in them every time she looks at me,"

"Ugh, I wish Y/N was here right now,"

"Y/N, Y/N, Y/N!" cried Hermione and Ginny together before dissolving into laughter.

"Shut up!" you laughed, throwing pillows at the two younger girls.

"Honestly, ask him out," said Ginny, thankfully in her normal voice, "I think there is going to be a dance this year for fourth years and above, so you should go with him,"

"A dance?" you said, surprised.

"Oh, Y/N, didn't you read the Hogwarts list for this year?" asked Hermione. You shrugged.

"I glanced at it," you said.

"It says we need dress robes, so there must be something happening," Hermione explained. Just then, Mrs. Weasley knocked on your door.

"Girls, better get to bed!" she called before moving away. After bidding Hermione and Ginny goodnight, you lay in your bed thinking. So... a dance at Hogwarts. That was exciting. You really did want Fred to ask you. He truly was everything you could ever dream of. For a friend. You slowly drifted off to sleep, imagining yourself dancing with Fred, just like the two of you had last Christmas. This time, however, you were wearing a beautiful dress and Fred in dashing dress robes.