Amortentia

"I know that the Yule Ball is coming up," said Snape, "But you all must pay attention in class," You, Lee, and Alicia all sat together at the back of the Potions dungeon. The three of you were the only Gryffindors in Snape's advanced sixth year potions class. You had a scrap of paper in front of you and were writing on it with a quill.

When are you going to ask Katie to the Yule Ball?

You slid the piece of paper over to Lee, pretending to be completely focused on the lesson. Lee opened it, glanced at you, and then wrote something back. He folded the note and handed it back to you. It read:

Sometime today. George is going to ask Alicia.

You hid the scrap of parchment in your hand as Snape made his way over to the three of you, still talking about the lesson. Once the potions master had turned his back, you pulled out the paper again and wrote.

Awe, that'll be cute. Is Fred asking Angelina then?

You hoped not. You still were dreaming about him asking you to the Yule Ball. Maybe then you and your best friend could make up. Your heart ached without him, but you were still so upset he hadn't talked to you yet. It was his fault that you guys weren't speaking. You tossed the paper over to Lee. Lee started to open the note.

"Jordan!" Snape called. Lee froze.

"Yes, sir?" he stammered.

"What did I say we were brewing today?" Snape snarled.

"Um... amortentia?" Lee guessed. Snape's face twitched.

"That is correct," Snape said, "But I suggest that you pay attention or I will give you another two weeks worth of detention. Ten points from Gryffindor,"

Lee was about to retort, but you kicked him underneath the table. He looked at you and then shut his mouth, glowering.

After explaining the potion's ingredients, Snape set the class loose to brew. You, Lee, and Alicia grabbed items from the store cabinets and spread them across the table. You had always been fond of potions, even though Snape was abysmal. It was part of the reason why you wanted to be a healer; brewing antidotes was a large part of the process.

"He's not," Lee said to you.

"What?" you asked, confused.

"Fred," Lee explained, "He's not asking Angelina," Your heart gave a jump.

"Who's he taking then?" you said, trying to sound as casual as possible.

"Not telling you!" Lee smirked. You flicked a baneberry at him. Alicia giggled as it hit Lee in the nose.

"Wood!" Snape said from behind you, making you jump. You turned slowly to face him.

"Yes?" you asked.

"Ten points from Gryffindor," he said. You rolled your eyes and went back to shredding your fairy wings. Lee laughed once Snape was a few tables away.

"He sure hates us," Alicia remarked, "I've seen Pucey throw bezoars at Montague and Snape doesn't bat an eye,"

"Speaking of Pucey," Lee said, "Has he bothered you since that time in Moody's class?"

"Nope," you said, "In fact, he avoids me like the plague,"

"Good," said Lee, a smile playing over his lips.

"Oh no," you said, looking at your best friend, "Did you do something to him?"

"George, Fred, and I might've confronted him," Lee shrugged, "And then Fred secretly filled his robes bulbadox powder,"