24

Bakuous POV:

Something wasn't right.

The energy around you had changed when you had first spoken with the police officer. You almost looked... afraid. 

But you said it yourself that you could handle the police, it was completely out of character for you to be afraid of anyone, especially cops. 

The class didn't move until the car was out of sight. 

Mr. Aizawa was staring into the distance. It was obvious from the time you had arrived that the two of you had formed some sort of bond, and he could tell that watching you being driven away was difficult for his teacher.

At first, Bakugou hadn't been worried. It had been unexpected of course, but it was just questioning. He had gone through it before and was fine, the police were assholes but you seemed to have a talent for putting assholes into their place.

He knew that from personal experience.

As the rest of the students began walking back to the dorm building, he found himself unable to follow. 

There was a feeling of unease that had settled around him. 

When you had looked at him and said what you did, it felt wrong. The words felt like a goodbye.

He knew it was stupid to think that way. You would be back in a few hours, and all of this drama would be over.

Last night had left him with a flurry of emotions. He had spent hours attempting to uncover the meaning of your words. You had said you cared about him and then turned away.

This whole time he had worried about the feelings growing inside of him, he had never once stopped to consider that you would develop feelings of your own.

He wasn't easy to care about, so the thought that anyone would ever admit to it, and you of all people, had never crossed his mind. 

Lost in his own thoughts, Bakugou didn't realize Aizawa had begun walking over to where he stood. 

"Care to explain why you were in Y/N's room so early in the morning?"

Ah shit, when the sirens had started he was so distracted that he hadn't even stopped to think about the ramifications of being caught in your room.

"It wasn't what it looked like."

Aizawa crossed his arms. "So what was it then?"

"We made a deal that involved me helping her study, it got late and we fell asleep. Trust me I had no intention of spending the night."

He was lucky that last night he had fallen asleep with his shirt on, otherwise, things would have looked much worse.

"We will discuss this further once she comes back. Don't think that you're off the hook."

"Sure whatever."

Aizawa gave him a hard look before turning and making his way to the main building.

Bakugou waited a few more minutes before walking back into the dorm building, when he made it inside a few of his classmates had sat down to eat breakfast. Most of the others were probably still getting ready in their dorms. 

He made it to the elevator and rubbed his eyes, the day had already felt long and it was only seven forty-five. 

Walking into his room he grabbed his uniform and began to change. His room was relatively clean, the bed still made considering he hadn't slept in it for the past few weeks.