51

You stared at the principal, unsure whether you'd heard his words correctly.

There was no way they were allowed to accept that deal without your consent. And now they wanted you to talk to him tomorrow night? Without giving you any time to think about it?

"Absolutely not." Aizawa was staring ahead and spoke with a level voice, but the anger brimming in his eyes was unmistakable.

"I understand your concerns, Eraserhead. I can assure you that we would not have made this decision if we felt as though we had other options. The League has become increasingly more dangerous over the months and if there is even the slightest possibility that we can gain information that can be used to defeat them we must take it."

"That was not your decision to make, the only person in the position to accept that deal is her. Do you truly believe that the man is going to give up any information? For all we know, this could be a trap."

"We have had numerous people visit the villain while he has been in custody, including All Might himself. There is no possibility of a trap. Tartarus is our most secure prison location, All For One is completely powerless. Guards will also be present for the entirety of the visit."

Aizawa opened his mouth to speak once again, but you cut him off. "I'll do it."

He looked over, "what?"

"The League needs to be brought down, and if we have an opportunity then we might as well take it. If it seems like he's not gonna give up any information then I'll leave."

Principal Nezu lowered his head. "I appreciate your cooperation, this will be for the good of-"

"I'm not doing it for you, or for any of the people who thought that they could make a decision like this without talking to me. I'm agreeing to this because there's a small chance that doing it could give us information to make the world a safer place for the people that I care about."

As long as the villains were still around, nobody in your life was safe. It was only a matter of time before they used one of your friends against you, or someone they knew that you truly cared about.

If there was even a slight chance that you could keep that from happening you had to take it.

"Of course, we all appreciate it nonetheless."

"Are you absolutely sure?" Aizawa asked. "If you don't want to do this then you don't have to. We can find another way."

"At this point, I really don't see any other way."

Nezu cleared his throat. "We'll have a car sent for you tomorrow night at eight o'clock. The driver is a professional so there is no need-"

"I'll drive her, I'm not letting a random chaperone take her to a prison filled with the worlds most dangerous criminals."

"Eraserhead, it may be best for you-" the principal shut his eyes for a moment, seeming conflicted. "Alright, I'll make the arrangements for you to accompany her during the visit."

"Thank you."

It was difficult to wrap your head around what this meant. In just one day, you'd be seeing him again.

"Can we leave now?" You asked Aizawa. "I'm hungry."

He seemed as if there were still things that he wanted to say, but nodded. "Nezu, send me the details and I'll get it all figured out."

You both began walking out of the office but he paused once more. "And you'd do well to remember that I am her primary guardian. It would be unwise for you to make a decision like this without consulting me first, again."