43

Gripping both sides of the man's face, you slammed the back of his head into the alley wall.

The knife he had pulled from his pocket clattered to the ground as you watched his eyes rolled back into his head.

You spoke breathlessly. "And this is why we don't put our hands on other people when they're barely conscious."

You let go and his body collapsed to the ground.

Dusting off your hands you leaned down and put your ear to the man's face. He was still breathing, luckily. The media had already been giving mixed reviews, you didn't need a murder to bring closer attention to yourself.

These past few nights had passed in a relatively similar manner. You had been scoping out different establishments where you thought could lead you to allies of the Leauge, but most of the time you would come in contact with some scumbag or lowlife criminal.

Although there hadn't been many high-profile villains you had caught, the new vigilante around town had made quite a name for themselves. Nearly every morning when you awoke, there was a new story about your recent "victim".

Some people argued that what you were doing was wrong and unlawful, other people claimed that you were the hero that society needed.

Either way, you didn't really care, you weren't necessarily doing this to receive any praise. If anything, media attention had become a nuisance. You didn't need any heroes or law enforcement getting in the way of your goal.

The search for the Leagues hideout had led to a fat pile of nothing. It seemed they had managed to hide well, and any allies of theirs were keeping to the shadows.

"Ugh." Your nose had begun itching like crazy, but with the mask you wore it was impossible to reach without taking off.

It was a necessary part of your costume though. Already you had unknowingly been caught on one or two security cameras throughout the city. Luckily the images were always blurred and your outfit blended into the darkness.

If you had to guess it was probably around four in the morning as of now. Which meant you needed to get back to UA before the patrol became heavier along the streets.

Hawks had also said that the two of you needed to meet earlier tomorrow to get ready for an interview he had set up for you.

Which was not something you were looking forward to.

With a sigh, you lept between the walls of the alleyway until landing on the roof of the building and began making your way back to the school.

--------------------

Bakugou's POV:

He lied in bed, waiting for the sound of his door opening to signal your arrival.

This was the fifth time this week you had gone out on patrol and it was beginning to piss him off.

It was obvious that you believed he did not know about your late-night outings, which was ridiculous considering he woke up nearly every time you moved.

He knew Mr. Aizawa wouldn't be happy about the fact that you were patroling with Hawks so often, especially with that new vigilante roaming around.

It was just some cowardly person who had happened to make a name for themselves beating up petty criminals, but it still scared him a little to have you out there. Even under the protection of the number two hero, things weren't always safe.

And although he tried to push the feelings down, he was still envious of the fact that you were out there, training with a hero while he was forced to stay put.