22

They were still screaming.

The noise filled your ears, below where your group was located two people's cries could be heard.

You pressed your hands harder into your ears. "Stop it!"

Bakugous voice broke through the noise. "Shut up! Save yourselves, you whiners!"

You tried to get your breathing under control. This wasn't real, these people weren't actually hurt. 

The announcers' voice resounded throughout the arena. "It seems we have a slight commotion, unfortunately, we are unable to pause the exam for the sake of only one student. Best of luck."

"What the hell? Can they not see that something is seriously wrong?" Kaminari had bent down next to you.

Your breaths were coming out evenly now, and the noise had died down a bit.

Many of the victims had most likely been saved already, the exam would be coming to an end soon. 

You opened your eyes and looked to your group. "You guys need to go, don't wait around when you could be earning points to pass." 

Kirishima and Kaminari both looked at you worriedly. 

"Are you sure you're gonna be ok? Things were looking pretty bad for a second there."

You were shaking slightly, but your initial reaction had passed. You weren't going to let them fail because of you. 

You gave a weak smile. "It caught me off guard. Let's just get the rest of this over with."

The two of them still seemed unsure, but nodded. 

Bakugou turned around. "Fine, then quit talking and get to it."

You glared but stood up.

Your legs were shaking, more than they should be. You looked around and noticed that your friends were unsteady as well.

Kaminari looked around in fear. "Um, guys why is the ground shaking?"

Rocks began falling off of the cliffs, pieces of the buildings broke off, and the shouts began growing in volume once more. 

Out of nowhere, an explosion came from the sky, and two buildings came tumbling down.

Why does every test have to include life-threatening elements? Is this even legal?

The announcer spoke once again. "A villain has completed another large scale attack." 

More explosions began firing from the sky. 

Your teammates were staring in shock. And suddenly you felt the air becoming warmer. Looking up a blast was hurtling right towards where you were standing. 

You threw Kirishima and Kaminari out of the way using your air ability and sped to Bakugou. Wrapping your arms around his chest you used your momentum to push the two of you far to the side.

The blast hit and chunks of earth went flying. A large hole had replaced the ground you had been standing on moments ago. 

You and Bakugou landed hard and slid across the rocky terrain. 

When you came to a stop his body was spread over yours, the two of you breathing heavily.

You raised an eyebrow. "Pretty sure that's like the third time I've saved your ass."

He pushed himself up. "I could've done it myself."

"Always so ungrateful."

You heard footsteps coming from afar. "Terrorists have appeared and are beginning to sweep the area. Hero candidates at the scene should continue their rescue efforts while also suppressing the newly-arrived villains." The announcer spoke as if the situation was of little interest to him.