39

The next day, after classes had finished, you were driven to the pro hero agency owned by Hawks.

"See if he can get you a driver or something because as I said yesterday I can't be your chauffeur all the time," Aizawa said from next to you.

"Oh come on, you don't enjoy the quality time we spend in the car together?"

He rolled his eyes, "it would be more enjoyable if it didn't cost me gas money."

"Whatever." You began switching between radio stations, attempting to find music to listen to.

When you heard your name being spoken on one of the channels you paused and then turned up the volume.

A reporter's voice came through the speakers. "The Number two hero has yet to make a statement regarding the situation, but has already received a large amount of backlash since the information was leaked."

Aizawa looked over, "it may be best to turn this one off."

"No, I want to hear it."

A second reporter began to speak. "Although Hawks may not have spoken on it quite yet after we reached out a few of the other Pros have expressed their opinions on his decision to allow the girl to be a part of his agency. The most prominent of these being the number one hero Endeavor, who claims that it was a 'rash and dangerous move'."

You scoffed, "as if Endeavor has any room to talk. While I was with the villains for the first time I heard plenty of stories about the guy."

"They're villains, you shouldn't believe anything they say, especially when it comes to the heroes."

The news report continued. "We also received a comment from the number 5 hero Mirko, who says that 'anyone acting judgemental of Hawks for taking the girl under his wing should be ashamed of themselves'. That was the only statement she was willing to give."

Well, at least not all of the pros are assholes.

The car began to slow, and when you looked out of the window you saw a crowd of people standing in front of the building you had arrived at.

"The news of your internship was somehow leaked to the public, as you can tell it's caused quite a stir."

"It's literally an internship, why is it such a thing? Every other hero student gets one at some point."

"Yes but at this point, I think you're aware of the fact that you are different than every other hero student."

You looked down at yourself, making sure that the pieces on your hero costume were secured well. As people with cameras began making their way to the car you looked over to Aizawa and smiled "guess I have to give them a good show."

He sighed, "about that actually. Because you'll most likely be making public appearances and being invited to do interviews, the principal has asked that you refrain from mentioning the most recent events that you experienced."

"Are you serious?"

"As much as I hate it, yes. If news got out then it could reflect very poorly on the heroes and the police force."

"Yes that would be the point, they don't deserve to keep living normal and comfortable lives after what they did. How is it fair that I have to live the rest of my life with both mental and physical scars while they get off with no consequences?"

"It isn't fair, but sadly that's just how it has to be for now."

You looked at him and raised your eyebrows, "you promised me that they would face repercussions."